119.png

2nd Prize

80 Sweet Seeds® Points

120.png

3rd Prize

50 Sweet Seeds® Points

How to Participate + Contest Rules

1. How to Participate:

1.1 - This contest is only for registered users who are already participating in the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition;

1.2 - Publish a post with a video from the grow diary with plants from the Sweet Seeds® genetic collection in this precise thread, including a title for the video. The title must include the name of the featured strain(s);

1.3 - We will not accept videos of plants that are not featured in the Sweet Seeds® 2019 or 2020 catalog;

1.4 - A video is accepted as valid participation when published between the 12th of May and 23h59m (UTC time, London) of the 5th of June 2020; 

1.5 - Commercial mods, as well as forum users who have any kind of contractual professional relationship with Sweet Seeds® or any other seed company, can't participate in this contest. Non-commercial mods can participate;

2. Contest Rules:

2.1 -  Each contestant can participate with only 1 video. If you publish more than 1 video, we will only consider the first one as valid;

2.2 - The updated logo of Sweet Seeds® must be included in the video. If you do not have it, you can download it from the Sweet Seeds® official website.

2.3 - The videos have to be originals, authorship of the participant. Using videos from other person, when detected, originates the permanent elimination from the contest automatically and without previous warning. Besides that a report will be sent to the forum administration so that they can decide if any additional measure should be taken;

2.4 - The minimum duration of the video must be 1 minute; 

2.5 - Sweet Seeds® reserves the right to use the winning videos in marketing campaigns, Sweet Seeds® websites, publications in the Sweet Seeds® fan page at Facebook/Twitter/Instagram (always rigorously respecting the anonymity of the author), Twitter, etc. Even though, the authors of the videos can keep using them to any other means as they keep their rights over the videos;

2.6 - The contest is ruled and administrated based on the most elemental fraternity and fair play principles. Any lack of respect, offence or attempt to discredit or defame the contest will leave the prevaricator out of the contest and at the mercy of administrative sanction.

3. Election of the Winners:

3.1 -Between the 5th and the 10th of June, the Sweet Seeds® jury (composed of a minimum of 4 members) will choose the winners through an internal vote. Each member of the jury will give 10 points to his/her favourite video, 7 points to the 2nd favourite, 5 points to the 3rd, 3 points to the 4th and 2 points to the 5th. The points will be added to obtain the winners and the results will be published between the 12th and the 15th of June 2020;

3.2 - Each judge attributes the points according to their subjective evaluation of the videos published in the thread of this contest. In the evaluation of the videos the jury will be based on basic criteria such as: image quality, beauty of the images, creativity, framing, focus, sharpness, originality, visual impact, etc.

4. Shipping the Prizes:

4.1 -  Sweet Seeds® is responsible to send the prizes according to the "Competition Rules" of the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Dairy Competition. Please read them again.

5. Validation of Participation:

5.1 - All the users of this forum that submit a video to this contest automatically assume the full reading and full acceptance of this How to Participate + Contest Rules text and the "Competition Rules" of the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition .

20.png

Edited by Sweet Seeds Apolo
  • Like 7

heres my effort, in super shake-o-vision, cheers

a couple of weeks before chop, if I remember correctly.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, been at it most the day to create this.  

1606 images, all resized and framed to 1920x1080.  20FPS.  You can turn up the resolution within the player window settings to 1080p if you wish.

My first video was 3m54, after several cuts I have gotten this down to a more sensibly sized 1m20.

Thanks to @BjornIronSide13 for inspiring my choice of music.

Enjoy! :yep:

• Like 5

The rules state you can only enter your first video in the competition, thats fine, whats above I can accept is my entry.

However, I did some more work on the video to incorporate some improvements.  Posting here for your entertainment :)

• Like 5

Well that was a mad rush and I was a minute late, can you believe it! lol 

I spent all week on a mixture of timelapse and stills video and got it finished with 6 and 1/2 hours to spare. For some reason when I exported it and saved the project both saved with just the logo showing and no video or sound. I had made a 6 second timelapse for each day of bloom from day 1 to 60, just before I started cropping.  The action cam I used took 3 hours to charge each day and gave me 6 seconds of video over a 4 hour period before running flat, so it took some dedication making sure it was charged and reset each day. Never mind, there was a bit of light banding on the timelapse sections anyway. So I set about creating this one with stills and have been bang at it since 5:30, not having time to make any special effects or anything. It took long enough with all the sizing, fading and adding the titles and tunes! Shame about the other one really, because you would have enjoyed it a lot better than this one :) 

All the best in the competition everyone :yep: 

Edited by jadenugs
  • Like 3