DIY camera - use your old phone or tablet

BudJ

Setting up my grow tent and wondered if I could use an old tablet for anything useful. 

Turns out it can be used as a remote camera by installing IP Webcam on the tablet then installing Ivideon on my phone.  I've placed the tablet on top of the tent looking down through what is either a venting flap or an observation window.  Once my lights are in I should have a good view of what's happening on my phone without opening it up.  Could be useful to check what's happening when out of the house.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Could be useful to check what's happening when out of the house.

Its not as if they are going to be having a party and dancing the hours away is it though mate. Just another risk of someone spotting you looking on your phone if you ask me and the question is what are you going to check for when you do have a look

Seems a bit pointless to me but hey ho if thats what floats your boat go ahead. I wished I'd got to look at mine less not more lol

Owd

4 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Its not as if they are going to be having a party and dancing the hours away is it though mate. Just another risk of someone spotting you looking on your phone if you ask me and the question is what are you going to check for when you do have a look

Seems a bit pointless to me but hey ho if thats what floats your boat go ahead. I wished I'd got to look at mine less not more lol

Owd

Yeah I take your point and not sure I'll use it in reality but when things return to normal and I'm back at work with a grow underway I might want to check in and make sure things are hunky dory.  Peace of mind more than anything.

Anyway might be useful to someone.

• Like 2