Is a cutting a plant or a quantity of MJ, by law?

I'm not transporting cuttings or anything but does anyone know what you'd be accused of if found with a cutting on your person?

"A" cutting? As in singular??

No excuse to get caught really. Munch that badboy like a salad :yep: Maybe not the rootriot/Rockwall cube though, probably take longer to digest.

Seriously though, it would probably be adequate cause too search your gaff, if you got anything going on at home not worth the risk getting caught with a single bloody cutting issit?

• Like 10

I expect that theoretically, as you have the parts of a plant which contain THC (albeit very little) in your possession you could be done for possession but that whether they would be interested depends on whether they were interested in you for some other reason or because they thought that where there's one clone there could be hundreds.  

Interestingly, when at school I discovered that a small proportion of the hemp seeds for fishing had remnants of the flowers attached, like papery shells and, by squeezing the seeds would pop out, leaving you holding the flower remnant.  About half a pound of seed (pre-decimalisation) would yield enough for a horrible-tasting but effective smoke.  Now, it was perfectly legal to buy the seed since that contains no THC and I suppose it was too much of a faff for anyone except a schoolboy to shell hundreds of seeds to get a nasty smoke.  Presumably there are rules as to what proportion of hempseed has to be seed (or the max % of THC in a preparation) to be classed as a non-controlled substance or there would be a loophole through which one could import loads of part-seeded bud, calling it hempseed for fishing. 

1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

"A" cutting? As in singular??

No excuse to get caught really. Munch that badboy like a salad :yep: Maybe not the rootriot/Rockwall cube though, probably take longer to digest.

Seriously though, it would probably be adequate cause too search your gaff, if you got anything going on at home not worth the risk getting caught with a single bloody cutting issit?

Sounds like sensible advice to follow, cheers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Socksnsandals said:

I expect that theoretically, as you have the parts of a plant which contain THC (albeit very little) in your possession you could be done for possession but that whether they would be interested depends on whether they were interested in you for some other reason or because they thought that where there's one clone there could be hundreds.  

Interestingly, when at school I discovered that a small proportion of the hemp seeds for fishing had remnants of the flowers attached, like papery shells and, by squeezing the seeds would pop out, leaving you holding the flower remnant.  About half a pound of seed (pre-decimalisation) would yield enough for a horrible-tasting but effective smoke.  Now, it was perfectly legal to buy the seed since that contains no THC and I suppose it was too much of a faff for anyone except a schoolboy to shell hundreds of seeds to get a nasty smoke.  Presumably there are rules as to what proportion of hempseed has to be seed (or the max % of THC in a preparation) to be classed as a non-controlled substance or there would be a loophole through which one could import loads of part-seeded bud, calling it hempseed for fishing. 

You can actually import 0.2% THC hemp if it has stalks left in apparently 

1 minute ago, UKsFinest said:

You can actually import 0.2% THC hemp if it has stalks left in apparently 

That would have covered it - 0.2% is 1/500 so for 1/2 lb of seed would be (1/2lb = 227gm so 227/500 = 0.45gm of THC) which is way above the weight of the papery flower husks in my 1970s fishing hemp, let alone the small amount of THC they contained.  Interesting that the limit is so high - this

https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/cannabis/docs/practitioners/dosagesandcompositions2018.pdf 

paper from Minnesota talks about 25mg (0.025gm) being "poorly tolerated by a substantial number of [cancer] patients" [i.e. got them stoned when they didn't want to be] but I suppose that with weed being relatively easily accessible no-one is going to try to glean THC from hempseed as I did some 40+ years ago so no point in setting the limit so low as to prevent the birdseed / fishing market wholesalers from importing hempseed. 

3 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

Possesion of a cannabis plant 

Caution at worst.

Would piss me off more losing ( or eating lol ) said plant than a caution from the powers that be, but the house raid will really fuck you. 

I said the c word in public once, cost me a fine lol

crazy world we live in

• Like 1

when the rozzers kindly removed my garden a good few years back they didn't count unrooted cuts as plants thankfully 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Cuttings is a risky business... The police are assholes as soon as the bud is dry they couldn't give a fuck if you got 1kg of 1 plant or 30...

They see a plant as a plant and the more cuttings you have the more trouble you will end up in.

I got caught years and years ago and I use to keep the stems in honey jack Daniels... For some reason me and my friend use to soak the rizla in it don't ask why lol

The police tried to do me for a bag of stems and was on the radio saying he retrieved more cannabis haha.... Twat.

Literally only got caught with a 8th and they drove me home and searched my room... 

I lip read to my brother get rid of it as I walked in and the officers where explaining their presents to my mum while my brother went in my room and hid everything.

Was a funny experience damn they really wanted to fuck me over.

I was literally like 14 lol

Sorry for the life story just thought I'd share a funny encounter of how stupid the police can be

• Like 2