Budget LEDs?

Tom2shmokey

I am currently using a 400w HPS in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 m tent. I have been hearing that LEDs increased the yield potentially with plants. I was wondering if there are any LEDs under say £200/£300 that still allow plants to produce a decent yield?

• 4 weeks later...

I use a cheap 100w LED light in a 60x60x140 tent . The light set me back 31 quid and I quite like it . My plants are doing ok under it but my yield is a little disappointing looking at it I think I've got probably a little over half an ounce with a few weeks to go . The buds smell awesome and they are nice and firm to the touch . Dense was the word I'm looking for . Any way enjoy your day.

• Like 1

You know I love my lights . They aren't 31 quid anymore more like 40 to 60 . Bought just at the right time and that was including delivery . With everything I've bought so far I've only really wasted about 15 quid a really shit light that lasted 2 weeks and a bit of cable . Got to  invest in some compost and pots in the next couple of weeks . Cheap enough probably about a tenner . Either B&Q or wicks should have what I want . 

Edited by pothead11

58 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

I use a cheap 100w LED light in a 60x60x140 tent . The light set me back 31 quid and I quite like it . My plants are doing ok under it but my yield is a little disappointing looking at it I think I've got probably a little over half an ounce with a few weeks to go . The buds smell awesome and they are nice and firm to the touch . Dense was the word I'm looking for . Any way enjoy your day.

Get a TS600 in there mate you'll get much better results only 80 quid 

You know back in February I had never heard of LED grow lights and when I did my research  and first started looking at them I just thought what a load of overpriced rubbish and went down the cfl route . Then I tried one of those LED lights for less than a tenner and I thought that was great but it shorted a couple of weeks later and was rendered useless so decided to up my game and bought the one I have now . I may invest in a new one in the near future and use the one I have now as backup or side lighting . Enjoy your day.

Yes I think that may be what I'll do a TS600 mars hydro. They look great as well not that that really matters but a nice looking light anyway . 

• Like 2