My grow tent feedback

Justintime

Hi guys I’m completely new to the forum, Not entirely sure how to use the site properly yet .

i have no experience growing , but I’ve decided to take the step.

would just like to hear some feedback from any of the members on here on the grow tent kit I purchased , will be going into an insulated shed. Here is the kit list, any feedback highly appreciated and I can’t wait to get stuck in ! 

cheers guys !!

Green Box Grow Tent – 80x80x160cm
1 x Pair of heavy duty rope ratchets
600w LUNAR LED Full Spectrum Grow Light with hanging wire
4″ Fox Twin Speed Carbon Filter Kit: Twin Speed Fan, Carbon Filter, Filter Cover, 5m Aluminium Ducting, Ducting Clips
Lumenlite Heavy Duty Timer
Black PH Pen
Grow Bitz 1.2mx1.2m Stretch Scrog Net
2x Coco Coir Blocks
2x 15L Fabric Pots (may vary from square to round)
1 x BRAND NEW Canna Coco Starter Kit: Coco A+B (1 Litre), Rhizotonic (250ml), Cannazym (250ml), Boost Accelerator (250ml), PK 13/14 (250ml)
Cyclone clip on fan

cant find any info on that light mate whats the actual draw?

lol found it now this is what they say in their description..  Normally plants grown under LED grow lights require only 30% of feeding in comparison to HPS lighting. In hydroponic systems, the nutrient reservoir will require less topping up. first time I've heard that before.. personally i would return that light if possible and check out @diyleduk or even Mars hydro TS600 would do in there its only rated for a 60x60 but will cover it nicely still but im sure DIYLED is the better option as the one you've got is a cheapo blurple they are a bit out dated now to be fair I have seen some good results on blurples but they are really inefficient compared to the newer QB style LEDs.

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 1

Hello

I think a 600w seems a little OTT in that size tent. I think a 400 would be more suitable. See how you get on temps wise. You might need to invest in a intake fan also.

Best of luck with it :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys , should be set up in a few days so heat wise all keep an eye mate. As for the actual draw, I’m sorry but I’m really really new to this lol  

ive got specs here 

600w LUNAR LED Grow Light Specifications

• Wattage: 600 watt
  • Dimensions: 310x210x45mm
  • Light Spectrum: Red 620-630 nm; 450 nm blue; Warm white: 3000K; White: 6000k; UV:380nm; IR:730nm
  • Life Span: 50000hrs
  • Lumen: 6300lm

Do you think they iwll let you return the blurple though was it all a kit and have you got your plants started yet?

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 1

I’ve got some seeds in germination atm, I think I’ll try work with what I have for now, and get myself an intake fan as suggested. Hopefully I’ll get to grips with it , then I can start up grading my kit with my knowledge , cheers for your time mate and I’m sure I’ll check diyleduk in the near future :) ( yes was full kit mate )

Edited by Justintime

Be a blurple light youl probs get max 100-120w draw from it as I found from the ones I had.

I ended up going on alibaba and getting a pair of meiju 240w qauntum boards 

• Like 2

Just now, miserydrift said:

Be a blurple light youl probs get max 100-120w draw from it as I found from the ones I had.

I ended up going on alibaba and getting a pair of meiju 240w qauntum boards 

Definitely worth doing aswell aint there cheap on there I got pretty decent deal on my 2 SP150's good lights too so far but for the price you probably could of gone on alibaba and got a nice dimmable QB.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

Definitely worth doing aswell aint there cheap on there I got pretty decent deal on my 2 SP150's good lights too so far but for the price you probably could of gone on alibaba and got a nice dimmable QB.

Deffo mate I paid £89 a board for mine off there 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi There, i have 2 x Lunar 630 watt LED lights in 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 2.0m tents and have found this is the optimum size of tent for that amount of light. I grow in 9 x 18 litre pots in each tent and get a yield every 4 weeks as these 2 tents are for flowering and i have a seperate veg tent of 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 metres so my flowering period is exactly 8 weeks hence having 2 flowering tents with a yield every 4 weeks and my yield on each tent is 28 ounces of pure, crystalised, stinking OGKZ amazing bud. I managed to get the perfect pheno for a mother plant and the punters cant get enough of it.

My advice is that a 630 Luna in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent is too powerful, you'll end up bleaching the leaves and your plants will be so bushy and leafy that your bottom buds wont see the light of day. If its not too late, either buy a 1.5 x 1.5 tent for the Luna or if your'e sticking with the 1.2's get yourself an Omega Spectre G430 which is perfect for your 1.2 and will give you a yield of 18 to 20 oz per grow.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1