Th seeds French macaroon or French cookies plus grimmdog?

TheplantUK

Evening folks as the title suggests has any fellow people grows out th seeds French macaroon. Th seeds French cookies or brothers grim.. Grimmdog.

All sound pretty good strains never tried either breeders before! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ashweed said:

Evening folks as the title suggests has any fellow people grows out th seeds French macaroon. Th seeds French cookies or brothers grim.. Grimmdog.

I haven't but my friend grows French macaroon a lot. He's got a couple of phenos he keeps. They remind me a lot of gelato 33. Good smoke. Very pretty too. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ashweed said:

Smoked French macaron. I'll be honest. I thought it was awful. Like smoking pot puree. Made my nose itch.

Got given a bud by a friend. Looked nice, but a nice looking bud does not a nice bud make it

• Like 6

I did try a pack when they were released and no keepers were found.

Nothing even remotely nice was found from my pack :wallbash:

Might just be luck of the draw I guess....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Smoked French macaron. I'll be honest. I thought it was awful. Like smoking pot puree. Made my nose itch.

Got given a bud by a friend. Looked nice, but a nice looking bud does not a nice bud make it

Definitely potpourri tastes in the gelato gene pool. I got some gelatti in a swap the other day and that was pure potpourri to me. Gelato 41 is vaguely like that too. People like that profile apparently but I'm with you. Not for me. The more 33 like ones are more like a "gelato" to my taste buds. 

• Like 5

I grew 1 of the French macaron's.My 1 smelled very unappealing while growing,it smelled like a mix of mercaptan and pastry but had a pleasant taste that I cant describe once cured.As others have said,the buds were very pretty but lacked the punch you'd expect from something so frosty.

Edited by j.a.g
  • Like 3

I got a French macaron freebie on the go now in week 3 flower, I've never tried a cookies or gelato strain before so thought I'd give it a go.. but have to say these posts havent got me that excited to try it out lol

Well as long as she looks pretty at least I can get some nice photos out of her and if it's not for me it can all go into edibles :chef:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, OLaC said:

I got a French macaron freebie on the go now in week 3 flower, I've never tried a cookies or gelato strain before so thought I'd give it a go.. but have to say these posts havent got me that excited to try it out lol

Well as long as she looks pretty at least I can get some nice photos out of her and if it's not for me it can all go into edibles :chef:

It's alright. Gelato's are decent. They're certainly hyped up more than they deserve but definitely not shwag. Worst case you get something mediocre imo. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sargares said:

It's alright. Gelato's are decent. They're certainly hyped up more than they deserve but definitely not shwag. Worst case you get something mediocre imo. 

Nothing new there then, seems to be the case everytime I chuck a freebie in lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OLaC said:

Nothing new there then, seems to be the case everytime I chuck a freebie in lol

Shell probably come out amazing. Every time I put in freebies they crush the beans I was actually planning to grow! 

• Like 4

large.20200426_190200_compress63.jpgI'll be chopping this French Mac soon. Stong plant. Easy to grow. Recovered from mainline pruning well fast. No purple is showing in this plant tho.  Nice solid fair size buds allround. Cant say it smell of much at the moment. But its being out stunk by a Critical Jack. 

• Like 3

Have a look in the in house uk420 shop mate seeds by brothers grimm The guvnor J has stocked some bits  :yep: 

Farmer G 

• Like 2

I’ve also just finished a french macaron it was a freebie seed I ran it was squashed in the corner and didn’t get very long veg time was very purple by chop time smelt very odd while growing and flowering gave me 40grams back it’s in the jar curing at the moment smells good very dense buds not smoked any yet thought still abit to sticky large.C649CF76-7F74-41DD-BE6F-B2BB1F4B9E50.jpeglarge.976CD0F5-0CF4-4979-B1F2-C8C4E724B565.jpeglarge.9336F87F-632B-4B44-82B3-BD9F94706934.jpeglarge.3327CAA7-B3F0-41E9-AAA7-B453A12A8992.jpeglarge.52B98925-6CC4-4790-8AAA-A516076915CE.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

I’ve also just finished a french macaron it was a freebie seed I ran it was squashed in the corner and didn’t get very long veg time was very purple by chop time smelt very odd while growing and flowering gave me 40grams back it’s in the jar curing at the moment smells good very dense buds not smoked any yet thought still abit to sticky large.C649CF76-7F74-41DD-BE6F-B2BB1F4B9E50.jpeglarge.976CD0F5-0CF4-4979-B1F2-C8C4E724B565.jpeglarge.9336F87F-632B-4B44-82B3-BD9F94706934.jpeglarge.3327CAA7-B3F0-41E9-AAA7-B453A12A8992.jpeglarge.52B98925-6CC4-4790-8AAA-A516076915CE.jpeg

How long did she take. Mines not showing any purple. I got all cloudy trics at nine weeks but no purple. 

@Auto gorilla.

Evening dude that's some lovely looking smoke considering it was tucked away in the corner! 

I didn't go for the French cookies in the end half thinking I should of had a punt. 

In the end I Went for

5 x dinafem purple afghan kush

6 x Karma genetics white og s1

They came with a few good freebies 

2 x dinafem orange juice 

1 x Th seeds strawberry glue 

1 x HSO lemon garlic 

1 x bluebrry gum

• Like 2