looking for the right strain

chilled artist

Hey dude, I have Tinnitus, never found weed to make any difference tbh no matter the strain other than the fact it stops me caring about it so much, apparently they are running clinical trials with MDMA in america (not condoning MDMA use of course) because ironically it seems to sometimes cure it. For sleep I use valerian root extract and for me it works really really well and you can buy it in any pharmacy cheap, on top of that heavy Indicas with high CBD will be the best place to start, Kosher kush being one of the best for me (not sure on its profile tbh) if my ears are giving me too much shit some kind of white noise like a fan can be a great distraction. Daytime smoke is harder to pin down, tends to be much more individual, my mate loves amnesia but to me its literally the most horrible debilitating high, Green crack was a good one for me if a tad potent but often trips other people out too much, in general a lower strength "mellow" strain will be what your after like kc brains mango or dutch passion orange bud maybe. 

• Like 1

Also have a look for Flare Audio Calmers they make headphones but also these special earplugs that help with tinnitus.

@MindSoup, valerian root extract is one thing i havent tried, cheers my friend, i'll give it a bash, 

if you dont mind, how is your T?, I have about 5 different noises that come and go, but with a constant buzzing that is reactive in volume to external noises....24/7....its the "constant" that drives me nuts...along with the lack of sleep...

i have been to to BTA meets and met people that take cocaine every day just to concentrate at work...not worth it IMO..

saw a youtube vid of a guy taking MDMA and micro dosing Psilocybin and cold water therapy ......WTF....

i have got to the stage in the past where i'd have taken anything just to try and get some relief, 

even thought of ayahusca just to try and find out where the T comes from

if your looking in the wrong place to start with, you're never gonna find a cure..ear/brain??

cheers

Yeah valerian is great. I get the Kira 300mg tablets from boots, 1 mid evening 2 1hr before i want to be asleep for the first week, dropping down to a single pill 1 hr before after maybe a week or so, i then seem to sleep well for a month or 2. Well after a decade or so of super loud earphones all day at school (hidden under my long hair), going into the building trade since then and never using ear protection (until more recently) and the whole time also going to raves and gigs as often as possible and often sticking my head as close to the rig as I can get its gotten pretty bad yeah. Its constantly their, usually at a fairly low level, loud noises/distorted music, sudden air pressure changes like shutting a car door make it a lot worse and makes the tone change pitch. TBH it doesn't really bother me too much, most of the time background noises are enough to distract me from it, the loss of hearing is more annoying for me, always having to ask people to repeat themselves etc. although I seem to pick up a lot of high pitched noises other people don't like transformers on phone chargers and power supplies, can be sat in a room like "aaaaahhhhh someone turn that thing off" and no one else can hear it, but turning said thing off definitely helps. The doctor told me their was no real cure for it, so I've learned to accept it and be more careful with my ears. I would be keen to try those flare things when i have a bit more money. I've heard great things about having, hypno therapy, NLP for Tinnitus, it doesn't make it go away but it helps with your emotional response to it, stops it bothering you as much. 

• Like 1

Lack of effective sleep puts a major strain on your body and mental health. Maybe if you can get your sleep back it might help you cope with the hearing issues a bit better. 

Certainly have developed a form of T myself in recent years, more a Hum which cycles and has a Bflat tone to it. Has potential to cause major anxiety, more a problem at night time and was suffering quite a bit until..... "Sound + Sleep se" tone generator module was employed.

Provides the sound of rain fall, thunder n lightening and the ocean shoreline, it's fantastic and the Hum disappears! Great relief.

Maybe check and see if radio static helps you first then it may be worth spending around £150, but oh so worth it.

Good luck to you. 

• Like 1