looking for the right strain

chilled artist

hey all, I have severe tinnitus, hyperacusis, labrynthitis, and deaf in right ear, drives me nuts sometimes, was wondering if anybody had any experience with any of these and could recommend a good strain or 2 for daytime and night time use, for focus and to be able to sleep at night.... any info greatly appreciated

Peace, everybody

You can't just go on what other people enjoy, you need to try things out for yourself until you hit on plants that really suit you - These are your keepers.

For example you talk about focus - I wouldn't look to weed if it was focus I needed. But that is just me. 

I know it can be bewildering with all the choice out there, but just choose some strains from different profiles and get growing. Keep cuttings and if you like the results of a plant, keep growing, if you don't then pick a  new one to try. If you can't choose maybe have a look at some popular strains on here to get ideas.

Edited by monkeypig

thanks for your reply, after receiving all this from big pharma, (mertazapine) i no longer trust pills and potions from the money makers, never had too, was a fit and healthy guy, had NL, worked a treat for getting me to sleep, but dont want couch lock during the day, but want to escape this screaming noise during the day. got some auto NL seeds, but none of them popped, frustration again....got free seed, auto lemon grass...only one that germinated, hoping it helps, nearly ready to chop, not much of a yield tho, 

just thought i'd ask if anybody had any experience with any of my conditions

many thanks

You will certainly find a strain that helps you sleep but for treating labrynthitis I would recommend staying away from anything that is likely to cause dizziness, loss of co-ordination and confusion .... ie stay off the herb. 

My mother has tinitus but says having 3 boys was way worse .... there is not much but heavy duty opiates that will take you away from that noise Im afraid and if you want focus then that is generally taken from a different plant altogether and ruins the Amazon in the process. 

• Like 2

thanks for your input, Barty, but Opiates, not a chance, ive done the accupuncture, tai chi, all sorts of teas, ginger etc..vegan diet, homeopathy, hearing aids, sound maskers, etc... my T is reactive...get different noises when you habituate to one, the constant is the hardest thing to deal with and dont want to end up looking like Van Gogh...everyones T is different, that ive learned...people are taking everything from amatriptaline to zoalipam (whatever that is)...not doing it...causes its own problems, uncureable side effects aint worth it....as ive found out...even thought about ayahausca just to see if i can find out where the noise comes from, ear or brain...no one really knows...

anyway, peace, my friend

I found it best not to fight it at all, hone into the sound and be very happy with it, mine went away doing this.

I used to shoot shotgun a few years ago and one went off in my ear, gave me great pain and noise but thats what worked.

• Like 5

hey HippyHair, glad you've found peace, like your quote too, i know, i try to use Conficous stories to help.....i like the tiger story, 

If your being chased by a tiger and come to a cliff, hanging off the cliff with a tiger at the top and a lion at the bottom, he spotted a strawberry growing, instead of worrying about the "end", he just enjoyed the strawberry

Peace, my friend

• Like 2

I sympathise, we have some similar issues. Im on the positive vibes right now so won’t go into details.

If your looking for seed suggestions then a heavy indica for the sleep, TH seeds mob has been working for me this grow. I found it real easy to grow too and fast finishing. 

daytime is a hard one, I'm yet to find that strain that works for me on a regular basis. Back when i was reliant on dealer weed i noticed cheese was a great day smoke, helped focus and block that noise out. I haven't been able to recreate that from anything I've grown over the years since and the reality is i don’t haven't a clue of the origin of that dealer weed anyway.

My attention has now focused to haze for the days but i only had a small amount to play with so far this year so nothing worth mentioning.

Enjoy the search :yinyang: 

• Like 1

Danka, Highcontrast, been getting some cheese from my guy for a while now, has become my stapple, could sing its praises too, was told to try Sour D, whats the chances of finding that from the street, tried growing some, hard strain to grow tho, failed, not got the set up, as havent been working for a while, that too is causing me grief, hold on to your good vibes, my friend, got a g of super silver haze a while back, worked nice for me, but expensive, so....back to the drawing board...

Peace, my friend,

hope you're doing ok in this crazy climate

That's good to hear as I have a sour d ready ish to flip, my plan this year was to clear out the seed stash. I came close but all i've done is order twice as many lol.

Have you considered growing outside?, cheeky garden plant or guerilla growing ? It honestly doesn't to take much effort to grow a weed. Any light should produce something at least.  I do find the grow just as rewarding as the end result. It's an easy thing to take your mind away from all the other shit.

• Like 1

yeah, buddy, but unfortunately i'm up north ish, could be 25 degres today and snowing tomorrow....dont know if sour D would make it??? + i'm in a town and struggle to find that quiet spot...to many nosy dog walkers...would be gutted if they got half way and ripped out or stolen, knowing this area, prob stolen. i'm next to a large resovour but lots of dear..would get eaten...I NEED TO MOVE...

I'm with you on the rewarding thing, theraputic to grow your own, i get that...will be chopping my girl down tomorrow just before sunrise but prob just yield about 14g so nothing to shout about...timing just off with this weather....hoping to order some seeds shortly, but worry about delivery during all this virus crap, any recommendations for safe delivery/on time...etc

you got to be patient for seeds at the mo, choice, attitude, subs gift here , all can range from a week or 2 to reach your door. Nowt wrong with a half oz plant, I just pulled a plant that provided me with roughly 10 grams :thisbig: lol. I can then cook that to last me a few weeks :yinyang:

10g-a few weeks...happy days...I've got 3 months work for 3 days medicine...ha...trying to take tobacco out my diet..i get it, its just me, too many pics of 3,4,5 oz plants, makes you feel inadequite ..ha.. 

do you make a tea with some, had a cup with my D man, was nice and relaxing, hit the spot. was washed down with a spliff tho, so....

• 1 month later...

@chilled artist the following is just an idea, so I’ve really not the foggiest if it would work.. But I’ve found that the closer you can get the oil to the problem, the more effective it is. Cannabis has been found to be effective even where no cb receptors are present.

As you say, this could be a brain issue, in which case a high myrcene var might help as it thins the blood brain barrier, (most modern vars fit within this category, cheese being a good example.) but high myrcene high thc vars will make you sleep. Thinning the blood brain barrier increases uptake of thc which pushes it over the bell curve of efficacy into sedation. This effect can be mitigated by adding clove, lemon, and pine. The essential oils from these can be used like poppers via the olfactory receptors to augment your high and snap you out of a slumber.

Growing a plant with a lemony pine and spicy scent might be ideal for your day time use.

Anyway, back to my idea, which as I say is pure speculation.

Have you thought about making canna olive oil and letting it soak into your ear canal? People do this with plain olive oil to help with wax problems so I can’t see it doing any harm.

:smokin:

Edited by Era
  • Like 1

hey, @Era you name it, i've prob tried it, bought a bottle of CBD from chemist bout a year n a half ago, helped for a while, well, stopped me wanting to bite the ear off other "not understanding" people, sending me back into self isolation from people, this lock down, i've been on lockdown for 2 years, no change for me...

CBD is expensive at £50 a bottle, (for an isolate), i tried the old oil in the ear tricks, olive, etc...and teas from ginger to stingy nettles, some things help a bit before my T over powers it again, 

Unfortunately i'm not in a place where i can grow just now, so, its dealer weed for me just now, ££££....

Cheers for the feed back, just trial and error, so fingers x for that miracle cure

Peace my friend

• Like 1