Pat Butcher

Im generally a reg seed fem  grower preferably uk420s....but this year i bought some dutch passion autos as they were on offer..only 3 have germed sucessfully and potted , 2 are struggling the other 4 sat there with end it tap showing in crack of shells....not impressed... the freebee critical orange is  just sat there doing the going darker thing. Fella on a fb site said he had  a 0% rate wiith dp ....Anyone else on here bought any duds from them? Same germ method ive been using for 30 years with good sucess so its not a fuk up my end

I don't buy DP seeds any more, had more than a few disappointments.

I never had germination issues tho

make of that what you will. 

• Like 1

I've had terrible germination rates with some of their seeds - 

0/3 Cinderella Jacks, 1/3 Glueberry OG. The CJ's especially looked immature, not best pleased.

Other ones I've managed to get to sprout, the night queen, daiquiri lime, lemon zkittles, orange bud and euphoria all grew into nice and large specimens.

• Like 1

No problems germinating their seeds. I think it's just the nature of these things. IIRC 50% of human conceptions are spontaneously aborted very early on.

I've always found dutch passion to be consistent , bought two ten packs of their lemon zkittle last year , 2 beans from each pack germed , thats consistent right???

On that note i'm having massive problems germing my own lemon zkittle x honey badger hacks and i'm laying the blame squarely on the dp mum 

:yinyang:

Got 7 DP auto Mazar sent to me by Tony to test outside a few years back.

6/7 germed and grew fine.

Smallest was 3.5 foot and biggest was 5.5 feet.

Indoor looking quality buds but mould hits hard and fast on them 

large.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpg

If they wasn’t so quick to mould, I’d grow them every year.

5 plants gave me over 9oz but would have been over 20oz if mould resistance was better

3 hours ago, Jack010 said:

Got 7 DP auto Mazar sent to me by Tony to test outside a few years back.

6/7 germed and grew fine.

Smallest was 3.5 foot and biggest was 5.5 feet.

Indoor looking quality buds but mould hits hard and fast on them 

large.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpg

If they wasn’t so quick to mould, I’d grow them every year.

5 plants gave me over 9oz but would have been over 20oz if mould resistance was better

That wasst year you say? Nice...

Just left wondering if theres was a reason behind the 3 for one deal....each pack had 2 plump seeds and one small one in them...gowarn knock um out cheap son .

• 2 months later...

I have done a load of DP auto seeds and a few Dinafem ones and I have honestly had a 100% germination rate. The seeds cost good money and I expect them to come up and so far I have been very happy.

I soak the seed for 2 hours so that the seed casing gets soft, then I put the seed directly in the soil 5mm deep, wait 3 or 4 days and up they pop...always! I had one that didn't germinate in 4 days so I dug it up carefully and found the seed unchanged. I replanted it and the next morning it was up with 2 little seed leaves looking at me!

I've also found that size of seed has nothing to do with the quality of the plant. It's DNA that counts, not the amount of starch inside the seed.

I'm pretty sure that if a seed failed to germinate DP would send you a freebie if you contacted them, especially if you are a regular customer.

• Like 2