Cheap timer set up for wilma? Experience please

sterling-archer

Hello Ladies and Gents :)

All is going well so far in the wilma but im having issues on the timer front. 

I had them on a little digi 7 day timer (usual type) and it works well as a minute is fine but it keeps dropping its memory so many feeds in  

I have another digi on the go for lights with no issues at all but the feed timer always claps out less than 24 hours in. 

Now my question is why?

Is it because the timer is just passed it or is it because it is off most of the time and only on for 5 1 minute bursts a day thus not getting enough charge into it? They definitely have batteries but does anyone have experience using one of these for short feeds without it loosing memory? 

It's really annoying as it doesnt even go off all together it just seems to reset itself after the 2am feed every time. Reset the times etc and off it pops but by 2am it's wiped again and the clocks reset. 

Anyone? 

Sterl

Might be a faulty battery inside, or a faulty unit.

Can you swap with another timer from fan or similar? Just to see if fault continues?

Otherwise, screwfix?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Might be a faulty battery inside, or a faulty unit.

Can you swap with another timer from fan or similar? Just to see if fault continues?

Otherwise, screwfix?

Yeah i have another on the way to see, but equally so if it is how its been used i don't want to rely on them if it will fail again ey

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

Yeah i have another on the way to see, but equally so if it is how its been used i don't want to rely on them if it will fail again ey

Totally agree.

Screwfix do a masterplug one for about £9, ive had one plugged in for lights since last August.

Had one on fan since xmas, I hate the clicking of the other designs.

No failures on either in any way.

Im pretty sure they charge all the time they are plugged in.

Its a small area so low ampage use.

You havent got 20 lights running of it I take it?

Let us know how you get on,

Im checking mine every time I go past it!!

All the best!!