Why are my drippers clogging up ?

Tommytopper

Hi guys I’m using a medusa topspin dripper system and it’s getting blocked and stopping working after 3/4 day I’m using the following nutrients

shogun a+b

shogun katana roots

shogun calmag

shogun active sumo boost 

Buddhas tree solar power green silicon 

house and garden drip clean at 1m/1ltr

any tips would be great 

• Like 1

Dirt or salt build up. Do you have a filter inline from the res?. Drippers are a pain in the arse always block. When I run drip feed I make my own drip rings and problems solved. 

• Like 2

@tokenroll yes mate I’m using a inline filter  I the drip clean would have made a difference but it’s maybe added an extra day or so before I have to unblock them my plants are too big now so I carnt get on to set it back up again. I’m still using the run the waste tray I made but with hand watering as a pose to drippers but I haven’t got the automated system I wanted which is a shame I prefer run to waste rather the anything else but I may have to change to a automated bottom feed system to achieve what I’m after probably a alien easyfeed system 

• Like 2

Ok if the inline filter is clear then remove the drippers and just put a little T on the end of the feed tube or run bare tubes. Problem should be solved.

But after this grow as cant reach them atm.

Edited by tokenroll

Not familiar with that system but if it's anything like a Wilma system then use a line cleaner product. I've used dutch pro drip clean and plant magic pure clean. Both worked great for stopping blockages and no issues. 

On 4/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, frankie-smiles said:

I drill those drippers out, make a bigger hole in em. :yep:

i did that on my aquafarm 

always when you done with your grow is good to get all the components like tubes and drippers into hot water and add some soda bicarbona and leave it to soak

or to buy new drippers,they cost peanuts,every year or so

i had this issue in my poly for a couple of seasons running ionic, i was using 8mm piping and auction site drippers , upgraded last year to standard garden hose and karcher rainsystem drippers , problem solved 

:yinyang:

On 27/04/2020 at 9:21 PM, Tommytopper said:

Hi guys I’m using a medusa topspin dripper system and it’s getting blocked and stopping working after 3/4 day I’m using the following nutrients

shogun a+b

shogun katana roots

is it anything like house and garden roots exculurator? that stuff leaves black coating on the side of the bucket i have noticed

using cal mag I don't think you in hard water area

what is your EC? so we can exclude salts building up

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it may sound daft but i think your pipe ends play a part too. I have one nozzle that has blocked twice and each time literally a twist of the pipe on the nozzle end got it going again so i suspect the nipped in worn pipe end plays a part. 

You should have a look at irrigation websites as the professional irrigation systems are effing peanuts. As usual anything canna related is 3 times normal price

I was looking for bits recently and found grow shops completely put to shame price wise for stuff like this. I am going to try this white feed hose they sell that repels heat and contains a anti bacterial/ fungal element. Grow shops charge a fortune but ive found it on a site for £7 for 15m lol, same size flow valves are 5 for £3 and nozzles were under £1 for  sets of 6 on some. 

Sterl

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Higgi85 said:

You got a link to we’re you seen the white hose and fittings

I don't think link sharing is allowed to be fair but i shall pm you the site name :) 

It has it all, inline filters you name it

Sterl

12 hours ago, Higgi85 said:

You got a link to we’re you seen the white hose and fittings

Pm sent :yep:

22 minutes ago, sterling-archer said:

I don't think link sharing is allowed to be fair but i shall pm you the site name :) 

It has it all, inline filters you name it

Sterl

Any chance of sharing the love dude? Looking for a new postal supplier after Gro-zone compromised my security.