Medusa Dripper / run to waste system

Napa_boy

Hi guys, currently hand watering autos in 60/40 in 11l square pots at present. I’m  looking to automate my feeding/run off, been looking at the Medusa kit from OSGS. It seems to be fairly reasonably priced compared to some other stuff I’ve seen........but noticed there’s not much by way of info about it,

Has anybody used it or using it at present?

Whats the general consensus? Decent or a load of shite haha.

thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Hi

I use the Medusa base trays in my flower tent and love them, game changer. Everything else is in my system is DIY - saved a lot not buying a complete system. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

Hi

I use the Medusa base trays in my flower tent and love them, game changer. Everything else is in my system is DIY - saved a lot not buying a complete system. 

That’s great, thanks for the info and pics. Think I’m Guna give them a shot. How do you water/feed?

Glad it was useful. It's quite rewarding to put your own system together, I'd recommend it. 

I feed using two open 4mm lines to each pot, fed from a 225l res. Some photos in a diary post below:

It's long, but this thread has some good info on auto-feeding in coco:

Happy reading and let me know if there's anything I can help with :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

Glad it was useful. It's quite rewarding to put your own system together, I'd recommend it. 

I feed using two open 4mm lines to each pot, fed from a 225l res. Some photos in a diary post below:

It's long, but this thread has some good info on auto-feeding in coco:

Happy reading and let me know if there's anything I can help with :) 

Thanks for that, I’ll take a look 

• Like 2

I made a 1.8x1.6 diy run to waste table which is basically 11m ply boards with 4x2 timber round the edges stood covered with a pond liner on 4 legs 1 shorter then the others so my run off can run to the bottom left corner where I used a caravan sink drain fitting with some flexi hose that runs through a hole under my garage, 

the only problem I’m having is my drippers are getting clogged up but that might be down to the nutrients I’m using have just made a post asking for advice on this 

you will be able to get a rough idea from these photos 

any questions just ask 

large.5A612CA9-CBFC-4C4B-BEFC-CE2B11E55B71.jpeglarge.8F6E9B07-FC62-4921-8A1C-B1D8F7EB8548.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thought I would bump this thread rather than starting a new one. 

im looking at the Medusa system as I’m struggling to feed my coco plants enough to stop build up and these seem a decent way of dealing with it. 
On their site they say that their 4 pot is best for a 1.2 square tent but I usually run 6. I’m assuming I could just get the 4 set and buy two extra trays. 
has anyone had any issues with leaks on the system? 

Wizard :oldtoker:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2022 at 11:50 AM, stonerwizard said:

Thanks for letting me know and saving me finding out the hard way lol 

4 will be more manageable anyway 

Wizard :oldtoker:

Just an FYI. I have a large round tray that I've made holes in either side and it sits across 2 medusa trays so allows for 3 plants over 2 trays (I could t bare throwing a plant away) supports the weight fine and the run off drains to either pot just fine (pic was taken before drip lines installed. I'm fully dripper system now)

large.20220227_204428.jpg

• Like 1