DWC bubbleponics Oxypot setup advice please

Guest mediboab

Guest mediboab

My first hydro setup. Doing a DWC bubbleponics setup. Grow tent is 70cm by 120cm by 6 foot high. 

This Oxypot  is marked as RDWC, would it be suitable for just DWC? How many would I be able to fit in my grow tent? Is 20 litres sufficient? 

Im running indica autos, so I imagine they won’t be huge. I have one SF 200watt LED, and a HGL 260 watt LED light light. 

Also, advice on water pump & kit for setting up the bubbleponics part, & online shops for diy stuff would be great. 

Thanks! 

Edited by mediboab

its a dwc bucket, not a RDWC. its a stand alone dwc bubbler, and will grow weed, no bother at all.

I would put 2 in your tent, that will fill it. 

an airpump and a couple of airstones per pot will see you right. 

• Like 1

Guest mediboab
3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

its a dwc bucket, not a RDWC. its a stand alone dwc bubbler, and will grow weed, no bother at all.

I would put 2 in your tent, that will fill it. 

an airpump and a couple of airstones per pot will see you right. 

Thanks, you reckon even with auto’s I just need two pots? Also, I was looking for bigger capacity pots but haven’t really found any. 

yep 2 will be plenty, if you want to upgrade anything, get an airpump with a higher output

between 20-40l/min one would work well

change out the nutrient every 10 days and you will be fine. top up in between.

Guest mediboab
3 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

yep 2 will be plenty, if you want to upgrade anything, get an airpump with a higher output

between 20-40l/min one would work well

change out the nutrient every 10 days and you will be fine. top up in between.

Thanks, a powerful pump & multiple air stones are now on the shopping list. 

im also looking at the OxyPot V6 or XL, I like the idea of just one pot and the 70 litre water capacity for stable temperatures, and less frequent topping up. Any cons? 

yes, the roots getting entangled, so if you have problems with one plant, they all get infected.

I wouldn't bother honestly, better with single ones, and if you want to go recirculating dwc later, you can use the single pots for that too, just need to drill some holes for the recirc pipes etc.. 

yes, the roots getting entangled, so if you have problems with one plant, they all get infected.

I wouldn't bother honestly, better with single ones, and if you want to go recirculating dwc later, you can use the single pots for that too, just need to drill some holes for the recirc pipes etc.. 

Guest mediboab
1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

get an airpump with a higher output

between 20-40l/min 

is that 20-40litres per minute, per pot/Airstone? 

I found this airpump which seems powerful enough 

Edited by mediboab