Spider mites?

EuanT

Alright guys just a quick one, think I may have a spider mite issue just wondering if anyone could confirm. Had a good look under the leaves but can’t seem to see any sign of any beasties! Just wondering if it might be something else before I go and guy the stuff for mites. 

Had a bit of an over watering issue which I’m just about over I think but now having more issues with this! 

large.C7BD573A-4817-4ACD-B15A-EF774FC0F14E.jpeglarge.173EC48C-D347-4481-8245-706FA0848724.jpeglarge.00C0CA5F-3F1D-4744-8116-3603C37EEDD3.jpeg

I'd say that's  water damage on the leaves.  Your nodes seem quite well stacked, it's a compact/non stretchy structure.  Sometimes where leaves touch and transpiration occurs you get little pools of water that can leave damage like that.  Were those leaves affected close to or touching other leaves?  

Transpiration is water the plant naturally expels through leaves, much like how humans sweat.  It happens when the plant is growing hard and has an abundance of water.  That's what it looks like to me but a lights off picture would be so much easier to confirm.

Sometimes the water lost by transpiration has a sappy quality to it and leaves a residue when the liquid evaporates.

Just my opinion.

• Like 4

It's not mite damage, if it was mites you'd see them and their defecation on the underside of the leaves. :yep:

• Like 4

C

55 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'd say that's  water damage on the leaves.  Your nodes seem quite well stacked, it's a compact/non stretchy structure.  Sometimes where leaves touch and transpiration occurs you get little pools of water that can leave damage like that.  Were those leaves affected close to or touching other leaves?  

Transpiration is water the plant naturally expels through leaves, much like how humans sweat.  It happens when the plant is growing hard and has an abundance of water.  That's what it looks like to me but a lights off picture would be so much easier to confirm.

Sometimes the water lost by transpiration has a sappy quality to it and leaves a residue when the liquid evaporates.

Just my opinion.

could very well be that actually

mate, makes sense as the leaves have all been touching the last few days as like I say had a slight over watering issue so they have been droopy as hell the last day or 2.

Will get some lights off photos later been having a nightmare with these guys just growing so slowly, they don’t seem to want to stretch at all, nice tight node spacing but just seems to be really slow growth. I think my night time temps are a bit of an issue though. Fingers crossed the next few days they perk up!

thanks again guys fingers crossed it’s just a moisture issue! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...