Prepping for war!

harrypotpot

Hi guys/girls 

This is propally gonna be a long post, and a topic that comes up time and time again and that I am sorry. I have done nothing bit panic and research all day! 

Hoping someone on here can shred a little bit of guidance in what I think the problem is and how I plan on dealing with it! And tell me if on the right track or just plain stupid! 

These are just a few of my mistakes I learned on the way lol

This is my third grow, started with coco and had winter temps and was using led and my autos did not like those temps and did not thrive 

Swiftly changed to organic and battled temps again but I was getting closer and then had a cal/mag def grow turned out nice smoke but not very much for the power out put.  

Any way now for this grow I have invested and used the last couple of grows hiccups to get a an everioment that's a lot better for them and I was proud of my self Haha. By the way my grows have been in a carvan that is not the best of shape it had mould was leaking bit I never had pests propally because it was to cold for them mabye.

The carvan has been out of use for 3 months untill just now, so j had to get the damp put clean mould of. If I knew what I knew now I propally would of nuked it. 

Im using a heat mat now with thermostat 6" filter with speed and temp control and a oil rad heater on a thermostat 2  under a 400w MH I'm in PM soil and pm granuels and using fish mix just now for veg and a wee bit of bio cal/mag as I am growing critical orange punch again fems again that's the one I had cal/mag but that was most likely down to temps. Bit my water is very soft. 

Was this a stupid thing todo? I used 3 month old pm that had been left in that caravan with god knows what in there, what makes it even better was I had fresh stuff there just did not want to waste it. 

When plants were seedlind they had holes in them but I thought they was down to bad watering practise as I spilt water on them with lights on, they were growing good! There now 18 days old I reported them into 6inch pots 5 days ago then I stayed noticing problems. The growth slowed and started getting what I thought was a cal/mag def again as I was very lighty feeding them I tend to give a little less than stated unless they look hungry. 

Them I saw a spider 2 days in a row running for cover when the lights came on, and it hot me thinking there must be food in there if he is in there and how did he get in. By this time one of my plant had been looking I'll for a few days I still think it could of been over watered or pests. So this morning I had a right good examination and found a skinny white moth cricket looking thing sucking under one of my fan leaves then I got the microscope, dont have a smart phone one and it's not the best so was a pure mission! But it looks like there is always a bit of soil under there so was trying to see if it was mites but I couldn't, either to baked or they were moving. Bit I found little white Pearl's on the underside and they looked like spider might eggs! 

So this lead me to freak the fuck out there went many and was more on the wilted plant. Got a bit of paper shook the leaves under it and got this soil looking thinks on the paper bit could still not see them Haha. 

Then I found little midgie looking things flying and hoping about!  They were having a party in my tent, did not even invite me! 

So my temps have been pretty good this grow bit was having low humidity and leaves stated to dry and twist a bit but I also had a fan blowing on them to supply heat aswell so I thought that could of mabye been the problem! Untill to day were I declared war! 

I sprayed the leafs today with a quarter cup of bi carb, half cup of apple cider vinegar, quarter t spoon of epsom salts and a couple drops of fairy up liquid. Man I was nervous Haha I covered my soil with paper towels. Left for 15 mins then sprayed the hell out of them with water and let them sleep. I have taken a heap of photos I'll upload sorry as there is a few ha. 

Theese photos were taken after I have sprayed them this morning, i also bleached out side the tent them inside. 

There has white speakels on it now like mildew kind of look I think bit I'm not sure if it's just a bit of bi carb from the spray that I missed with the water. 

My intake duct was lying on the dirty caravan floor but it did have bug mesh on it, so I changed the set up today I bugged meshed it 4 times and twice inside and started in taking air from outside the caravan now, so I moved my heater and fan over there to heat the cold air coming in. It was on the opposite side before kept the plants nice temp but it must of been blowing air back up intake as it's just ducting coming out. 

Does that sound like a good thing todo? Will cheek temps soon to see if it gets cold. As the extractor takes alot off the heater heat with out a fan straight ill and out. 

I have a no pest strip coming going to use one of them! Does anybody know do u have to turn your extractor of for this to work? Was gonna run this for a week. 

Also went nuts and bought 15 lady bugs got so many mixed reviews on them. But I read if u give a big enough container, soak some resins in water and put an natrual sponge to soak up water and a trap door some will go eat and some will just chill and reproduce eat the resins and drink the water while other will eat pests. I'm pretty dam sure mine are just gonna be like, C ya bye any body had any joy with this? Here's the pics if anybody can shred any light would be much appreciated.large.Resizer_15870652223398.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223399.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223397.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223395.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223394.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223393.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233923.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233921.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223396.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233924.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233920.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233911.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233910.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233915.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233925.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233913.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233914.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233919.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233918.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233917.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223391.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223390.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233912.jpglarge.Resizer_15870652223392.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233916.jpglarge.Resizer_158706522233922.jpg

Sorry camera skills not the best. 

2 were topped yesterday and two this morning. Temps are a but of there as they were out side the tent while I  bleached. 

If you have taken the time to read all this dribble then I thank you kind people. 

As that was a pure ramble and u hope it made sense haha 

Thanks 

Hi again,

I managed to find my microscope for my phone this morning and got a few more snaps. There not the best but I tried lol

If somebody could help me identify. So what I though were mite eggs are also on top of fan leaves now also. So there are pics of tops of leaves and bottom

Again thank you very much large.Resizer_15871154583588.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583586.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583582.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583584.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583583.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583585.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583589.jpglarge.Resizer_158711545835814.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583580.jpglarge.Resizer_158711545835812.jpglarge.Resizer_158711545835811.jpglarge.Resizer_15871154583581.jpglarge.Resizer_158711545835810.jpg

Just update to my suspected bug infestation just incase any body  is interested! 

My no pest strip came today early was delighted so I have just put it in in lights out. My carbon fiber was linked up to a speed controller and thermostat. So I disconnected it and plugged it into my ink bird temp controller and hooked my heater to kick in at 22 and carbon at 25 degrees. And turned my fan off so they can all breath in that toxic shit. 

Lights on will be a difference story tho as my light ganna heat that room up room up so extractor may be on a most the time. But I will keep am eye on temps tonight and fiddle about a bit! Or toy about the idea of sealing it back up and just putting in on lights out. Will just wait and see. 

Will also  update in a few days and let anybody that reads this know the results,  as it may help somebody down the line. 

If it is actually bugs I have lol

Cheers lads and ladettes 

Relax, your plants look fine.  Looks like gnats or some midge, don't think they will do any harm,  more of a nuisance, you could get some sticky paper traps to help keep them under control.  Your growing in a battered up caravan, bound to get some bugs, as long as you don't get thrips or spidermite u will be ok.  

You want to keep that fan on at all times though, for plant health & smell control.

Edited by Herbsman
Spelling-put trips instead of thrips!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Herbsman said:

Relax, your plants look fine.  Looks like gnats or some midge, don't think they will do any harm,  more of a nuisance, you could get some sticky paper traps to help keep them under control.  Your growing in a battered up caravan, bound to get some bugs, as long as you don't get thrips or spidermite u will be ok.  

You want to keep that fan on at all times though, for plant health & smell control.

@Herbsman

Thanks very much for the reply! 

Will go hook the fan back up to the speed controller now. And get some sticky traps! May take  that no pest strip out side my tent, and place in the caravan so that it kills anything that comes in to the carvan its self with out the extractor sooking it all up. 

You have made me relax sir as I have been freaking out and been dreaming about bloody pests. 

Thanks for just taking a wee look dude and sharing some knowledge. much appreciated!