What soil/feed for mums

Hi guys, just started up again on my own after a long period of time. My mums are currently a few months old from seed (just flowering first load of cuts to decide which phenos to keep)

They are currently in coco but are really in need of a rootball trim and re pot.

I was thinking about putting them in soil rather than coco when re potting so was wondering what 

soil and nutrients would you guys recommend for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Slow jam

Get ready for bugs if you do, i grow coco and would love to go and use dirt for my mothers but the never ending battle is to much for me.

I've not had a single bug in a few years now, thanks to the coco.

Never had any real problems with plant magic soil for keeping mums,and a bottle of Fishmix for feed.Feed from the off with 1-2ml per litre and increase/decrease depending on what your plants are telling you. Ie: happy or hungry.

Tenchie.

• Like 3

I use Shamrock Multipurpose Compost, not sure that's available in the Uk, but Ive used Erin and J Arthur Bowers multipurpose composts in the past. The garden center compost comes with the risks of fungus gnats. If this happens a layer(1inch) of play pit sand on the top will keep them at bay, bit of a pain but works well, you'll have to bottom water/feed.

Ive also used Biobizz All mix . I haven't got any gnats with the batches Ive purchased but its a bit deficient in magnesium . Also I dont like it for bonzai mums as it has perlite in it. No need for perlite , especially with Bozai mums as it just takes up root space, which is tight in 1litre pot.

I dont feed my bonzai mums until after I have taken the first set of cuttings shes produced.

Good luck

Al

• Like 3