DIY Auto dosing set ups?

KayDog

Has anybody seen an Arduino or Raspberry Pi auto dosing set up anywhere, please? 

I've seen a few monitoring set ups but not auto dosing.... 

Any other DIY Auto doser out there? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I respect there may be no answer - just a (final) bump to jog any new eyes on this. Ta. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2020 at 3:24 PM, KayDog said:

Has anybody seen an Arduino or Raspberry Pi auto dosing set up

Forgive me for being a little thick here lol

Are we talking auto dosing as in automated feeding from a pre mixed nutrient tank using a small pc? Or dosing nutrients into a tank full of water using a small pc ?

Both interest me, I use a small pump that has a built in timer that I use for short breaks away. Its battery run and I look at it as a gamble, And then I have always wanted to run something automated like a mini wilma.

Recently my pal set up his first grow using a wilma and said how mixing nutrients can be a bit of a ballache but other than that he loves it, which made me wonder how the mixing could be automated.

• Like 1

Let me elaborate - 

Autodosing like the intellidose system. 

So I'm tentatively looking at a Rasp Pi/Arduino combo to monitor pH levels (first) then nutes ec levels (later) and to top up /manage the nute strength and pH. No pc. 

• Like 2

I did not know intellidose existed lol, Im intrigued now, got a pi 4 sitting in front of me that the kids wasn't interested.

So a ganja version off reef pi is what is required here then for the first part, and then some peristaltic pumps for the nutes and a bunch of code that must be available somewhere on the net ? 

• Like 2

Congratulations! 

You're now at the same point as me! 

I can't find any appropriate libraries. 

The cost benefits is good - I reckon 400ish for the whole project - 2000 to buy. 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 1

Im down for throwing a little money at this, although im sceptical if i could complete such a project. 

Well - I've made extensive efforts to try and get a python coder but no luck. I've said the project is for managing a home brew situation. The reaction I've had is that I must be able to pay 1000s. One 'quote' wanted £16k - way above the cost of the professional equipment itself. Nice work if you can get it - he didn't. 

So I'm preparing to learn the coding (urghhh) once the lockdown is over as my gear is elsewhere. I'll throw 400 at it (ie the whole cost) once I've paid my dues to some amazing people. Realistically I'm looking at doing this late Autumn/early winter. I'm doing the ground work now. 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 1

I wish you well with it, keep us posted.

1 hour ago, KayDog said:

Well - I've made extensive efforts to try and get a python coder but no luck. I've said the project is for managing a home brew situation.

16k! :unsure:

nearly 90k members! I wonder how many of them could knock something up real simple like lol 

• Like 1

Couldn’t sleep last night, them crazy sats :smokin:

ended up down a rabbit hole on this subject. I keep coming back to aquarium solutions.

the aquarium peristaltic pumps look better quality over what seemed to be available over the small pc route options. I couldn't find any reference to how much water they can handle per minute tho.

I referenced blue labs options and they advertise 120ml per minute on their pumps and they look a lot more heavy duty but at roughly 5x the cost of the aquarium options (and these ain't exactly cheap)

I ended up ordering a p1 dosing pump and tank to play :smokin:lol

• Like 1

For coders i assume you have tried the cheaper end of the coding scale on things like fiver.com and others like it that have coders from all over the world. You could say you want it for growing anything at all doesn't need to be this particular herb. 

There is a chap on one of the forums who automates his grow using Arduino and a rasperi pi (they may be different threads i am thinking about), Sadly I can't remember at this point which forum i read it on - it may even be this one lol.

• Like 1

I've tried the cheaper end for sure - and also middle and unintentionally high ends. 

I used to code a lot but not for 35 years now. I'm looking forward to the project but not before I can say thanks to a few people first. It'll happen!