First Post - grow set up plan

Hey guys. First time post, so hope it's OK to include links etc.. 
Edited by Owderb
Sorry it isn't ok for links plus no need for the huge text. Thanks

Hey dude, welcome to the group.

I'm super baked right now so that is kind of an info overload and the huge formatting doesn't help lol.

So are you planning on doing all of your flowering outdoors then? 

I'd certainly take a lot of consideration for a fast finishing, hardy, mould resistant genetic if that's the case as mould/bud rot and shit temps are a big issue in the UK- 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, TommyTrichome said:

Hey dude, welcome to the group.

I'm super baked right now so that is kind of an info overload and the huge formatting doesn't help lol.

So are you planning on doing all of your flowering outdoors then? 

I'd certainly take a lot of consideration for a fast finishing, hardy, mould resistant genetic if that's the case as mould/bud rot and shit temps are a big issue in the UK- 

lol my bad! I re purposed the email I sent to that website I quoted.. But suspect they will try to upsell me - when I pasted it in to this site, I couldn't re size the text (maybe as I'm using phone?) 

Maybe initially Flowering outside.. I am quite unconfident of my ability to nail a good mother plant, and want to get that right first (and also gives me time to experiment with outdoors and summer sun Flowering, so I am more familiar when I have saved up for the extra grow kit with hid or led bulk) 

I understand I may have to bring plants indoors for warmth and also gaurenteed darkness - which is a ballache

So prob see how a few grow wild, maybe bring my favourite indoors.. 

Or splurge another £300-400 on a grow kit with sufficient light lol .. 

That cfl bulb in the kit will be more than adequate for bringing on a mother plant and or cuttings, 

As long as you have light source, fresh air circulation at regulated temps 23-27 degrees, ph balanced water if your using coco and a stable nutrient schedule, the rest essentially is maintenance. 

As for flowering outdoors, you have a very small window of opportunity to get them out in time, there are fantastic threads in the 'outdoor growing section' with valuable info regarding this sort of stuff! 

Also take into account that if you go for the 'bring them in at night' method they will need to be in strict 100% darkness for that 12 hours. Any light leaks, even slight can cause the plant to turn hermaphrodite and end up ruining your crop. Sounds easy but in a 'lived in house without a controlled area/tent for that will prove difficult and inconvenient..

Not to mention the absolute stink of weed in your entire house! 

Which brings you to yet another point, your going to need a carbon filter and an inline fan to remove air and stink from your indoor environment. Even in veg, when they mature they smell quite clearly like ganja plants haha. 

Also, you May find you don't need half of the stuff you get with some of these kits... sometimes it's better and cheaper to put together your own! Not so much with the mother/clone kit... for 109 quid that's pretty solid really but as far as flowering out indoors, I bet you could put together a 'flea bay' setup for cheaper than you'd think..  or even from HH where you were originally looking... just buying the bits you actually need, rather than a bunch of everything if that makes sense.

Generally You'll be struggling to keep temps up in a veg tent and struggle to keep them lower in a flower tent (equipment dependant) 

9 minutes ago, TommyTrichome said:

Also, you May find you don't need half of the stuff you get with some of these kits... sometimes it's better and cheaper to put together your own! Not so much with the mother/clone kit... for 109 quid that's pretty solid really but as far as flowering out indoors, I bet you could put together a 'flea bay' setup for cheaper than you'd think..  or even from HH where you were originally looking... just buying the bits you actually need, rather than a bunch of everything if that makes sense.

Generally You'll be struggling to keep temps up in a veg tent and struggle to keep them lower in a flower tent (equipment dependant) 

OK cool, thanks, that's really helpful.. I hadn't considered the smell actually, that is extremely valid.. 

I think my neighbours would riot, especially with all being confined during quarentine! I am already getting the tuts and slammed windows / doors, as my shed is no longer smell-proof, and that's just with my smoking it! 

OK you convinced me.. 

I will scale back on Flowering and focus on grow tent.. 

It is all so bloody expensive is my drawback.. 100 odd for decent sized and quality grow tent alone, plus hundreds more on carbon filter intake and light especially.. 

I just want to have some decent weed without having to pay astronomical prices ha ha 

Altho the benefit of setting this all up properly means that for a bit more effort I can try a few different varieties, but I suspect I would then have far too much weed also to smoke or bake alone!! 

Oh.. For ventilating smell, I was thinking of making an opening in a chimney breast and pushing it out through that - as the small room I have in mind is central, with another room between it and a nearby window/exterior wall.. And surely if the smell is 3 ish stories high it will be less noticed or traceable? 

Is there any better sites than HH? Most other top rated sites have low or no stock on a lot of items in the order bundle I put together (these sites should really sell this comprehensive bundles with everything needed to start IMHO.. Unless I have missed these offers! Haha).. But ebay and amazon all suspended, so can't get much better prices - altho that does hopefully mean I avoid fakes or cheapo generics! 

I'll check the outdoor growing section, but if it pongs loads outdoors also as well as indoors, then I think it will be too obvious.. My nosy neighbours would already likely see it, let alone the whole area smelling it and knowing I'm growing!

..that's rule 101 of fight club I thought lol ha ha

Anyways I'm high af, finishing bedtime spliff, and I'll pick this up after work 2mo..

Which I am begrudging to be a wage slave for!

Thanks tho TT, and cool pic! I think my upload failed! Fml.. Ha. G'night :)

• Like 2
On 10/04/2020 at 9:56 PM, StAnger89 said:

I would suggest buying a few small quantum boards from Alibaba. Get a small tent. Intake and outtake fans. 0.5/5/10l pots. Soil mix, A/B nutes. Revolving fan and that is about it.

Yeah get a tent and some pots, different sizes for potting up 3 inch, 0.5L 3.5L 6.5L 11L and so on 20L is massive

rvk and filter, carboair gets my vote

some bungees to hang the fan and filter

some ducting

timer

cfl bulb to work under while your watering

couple of thermometers

circulation fan if its a big tent otherwise not needed cause the extraction will provide good air flow

ballast, reflector bulb and chains to hang the light or go talk to DIYLEDUK and get an LED kit

heat mats and thermostat

large drip tray

compost will be easier for first grow, or go the coco route. I use B&Q verve with some perlite, its good stuff

seeds

biobizz grow and bloom or equivilant and a wee measuring thing like a syringe if your going compost

those wee clothes hangers and some pegs for drying

some jars

skins or a pipe and take a walk away from your house when you go for a smoke lol

You don't have to get everything at once dude. Build it up as you go. I started with a rig that cost less than 200 notes, but each tent I have now would cost a few grand to replace.  We all have to start somewhere and it can be done well on the cheap.