Any red spiders that are not spider mites?

QFMAC

@lildaveham I keep meaning to get that book, but I'm trying to save. Since I've started this, it's cost me a lot :wallbash::rofl:

I appreciate the link to the "Building the mega bed". 

I'll give that a read. Thanks for that mate.

P.S.

I haven't noticed any of those spiders on my soil, but I'll keep an eye out now.

Edited by QFMAC
  • Like 1

Is see no typical stippling of leaves associated with spider mites.  Or any such associated damage.  You cant really grow no till and expect a barren landscape.  

I think you're fine.

Just my twopence.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Is see no typical stippling of leaves associated with spider mites.  Or any such associated damage.  You cant really grow no till and expect a barren landscape.  

I think you're fine.

Just my twopence.

Thanks mate. I don't mind them at all, so long as they are not detrimental. Thanks for helping me out.

@lildaveham I'm going to hijack my own thread :rofl:

Can I ask your opinion on two things please?

The guy in the hydro shop suggested I use Plagron lightmix to start my seeds, so I did.

I went from 1ltr to 3ltr then planted into final 45ltr. He said there would be enough food for two weeks. I've since checked the website and it states 1 week. 

So I have 3ltrs of this in the middle of my pot (Sohum) and it's never been fed.

I think it screwed with my plant a bit as the main roots were still in the rootball not getting fed!

I know at the end of Notill you are not supposed to disturb the soil, but do you think it would be better to try and cut that soil out?

I don't mind leaving it in, but not if it means waiting years for it to break down and catch up with the Sohum soil :wallbash: 

The manufacturer states it specifically designed for salt organics....ffs! It's already hard compared to the rest of my Sohum soil, but that could just be the roots?

What do you recon?

Also I don't have room to clone, so do you think on my next run I should just use a solo cup with Allmix light soil to germinate? Then transplant into my current soil? As the cup is so small.

Thanks.

@QFMAC

Hmmm I’m far from an expert but I guess my only question would be ................ worms? Do you have worms in your pot? Worms create the structure of the soil and also make holes in it so it’s airated and therefore the soil won’t go hard etc if kept at the right moisture levels. Maybe the no till crew would be able to help. @FarmerPalmersNT @buddy13 

Peace

lil d 

if if I don’t make much sense it’s cos I have had hash choccies lol 

• Like 1

Don't build highways from substrate to plant.  It's not healthy.  I.e. straw from substrate poking plant.  In my experience.  Bad.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

@QFMAC

Hmmm I’m far from an expert but I guess my only question would be ................ worms? Do you have worms in your pot? Worms create the structure of the soil and also make holes in it so it’s airated and therefore the soil won’t go hard etc if kept at the right moisture levels. Maybe the no till crew would be able to help. @FarmerPalmersNT @buddy13 

Peace

lil d 

if if I don’t make much sense it’s cos I have had hash choccies lol 

Thanks mate. Yes I do have Tigar worms.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Don't build highways from substrate to plant.  It's not healthy.  I.e. straw from substrate poking plant.  In my experience.  Bad.

I must admit, I have noticed that too.

9 hours ago, QFMAC said:

The guy in the hydro shop suggested

please don't take this the wrong way dude but this is where most problems for the grower start and the profits for said hydro man go up.

its hard for me  to suggest any action now other than carry on?

p.s definitely not spider mites:yep: 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, buddy13 said:

please don't take this the wrong way dude but this is where most problems for the grower start and the profits for said hydro man go up.

its hard for me  to suggest any action now other than carry on?

p.s definitely not spider mites:yep: 

I know right. What's really pissed me off is the 3ltrs of Plagron lightmix in my Sohum soil. I didn't know that stuff was specifically designed for mineral growing, not organic! The company website even states to ph it....ffs.

That's why I've been seeing some deficiencies as I've never feed or ph'd my plant (no till). 

I'm sure the roots have stretched out now but still...it's in there. 

I haven't decided if at the end of the cycle to cut that piece of soil out or not? 

It's gone against the very thing I was trying to achieve.

Anyway I've learnt my lesson now.

Edited by QFMAC

Light mix by definition has very little anything in it and I doubt it will be detrimental in any way regards no till.

Crack on and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Save your effort for 'if' things really go wrong.  

• Like 2

It's tiny, red and has taken a shine to your weed. So first impressions are tjat it is indeed a Red Spidermite. 

Those back legs look a bit long, but for now I'd be treating the issue like a Spidermite infestation.

• Like 2

hmmm.  but what does it taste like? (joking)

comparing  it to a an online search Id say yeah if it looks like a spider mite and tastes like a spider mite then you got yourself a spider mite but I'm not 100%  confident  in my diagnosis   as   Ive  only had them once and I  sealed  my grow room up and abandoned it for  3 months until  everything, including the plants were  dead so wait and see what the pros say :)  its legs are really long which is confusing me a bit

• Like 1