Zeus Arc GT - Opinions?

yabbah

Hey guys, just got my first dry herb vaporiser a couple of weeks ago. Its a very different experience to smoking! One of the things i cant seem to get past is the taste of the vapour - it tastes like shit.

At first i thought it was my own weed was shit, but i brought the vape to amsterdam with me and it literally made all weed taste the same - like shit.

Is this a bad vape? like bad compared to the pax-3 or mighty? or is this just what vaped weed tastes like? because i was expecting it to at least taste like a blunt...and for 230 euro its a big let down

• Like 1

I don't know about that particular vape, but my advice is to forget about portable vapes and just get yourself a quality desktop vape instead....it's literally night and day difference mate :yep:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, yabbah said:

One of the things i cant seem to get past is the taste of the vapour - it tastes like shit.

Yeah even with a portable vape you should get decent flavour IME.

I've had a Pax 2 for about 3 years now and it definitely lets you taste on the inhale. but  not the biggest hit like desktop vaps but the flavour/taste should be there, its one of the good things about vaping.

Are you cleaning it ? if i dont clean mine, all weed begins to become tasteless and thats with desktops to.

i clean my hydro tube on Vapexhale pretty much everyday.

ISO , pipecleaner's  is what i use and ISO wipes , Usually pretty easy to get hold of but given current circumstances you literally couldn't pick a worse time to buy some. 

Are you still smoking tobacco? just i didn't really appreciate the vape until i completely quit tobacco.

and lastly try setting temps below what you usually use, lower temps tend to give more flavor obviously that will change the high type.

Good luck you deserve some flavor to your weed for 230 euros chap

• Like 6

It took me a long time to convert from smoking to vaping , it really didn't seem to work for me at first , it just seemed too different

I think you just have to persist but saying that I also don't think it's for everybody

• Like 3

Salutations Yabbah,

5 hours ago, yabbah said:

...i cant seem to get past is the taste of the vapour - it tastes like shit.

So you saw gold, fell for it, got strip-naked with a smile and now finally realize it's not up to initial expectations.  What a surprize!

5 hours ago, yabbah said:

...is this just what vaped weed tastes like?

Absolutely not.  Although you must prepare to loose the characteristic scent of a burnt "joint" it's supposed to make aroma/taste appreciation a lot more enjoyable after an adaptation period.  Not to mention after some long while it may even prove difficult to rely on combustion smoke again...  All vaporizers ain't necessarily the same, except most of the popular solutions offer a long slow/steady dry consumption method & ritual and i find this sucks because of the associated "baking", which reminds me about these devices requiring a few empty burn cycles simply to remove potential contaminants coming from the factory.  But in the end it's still serving the manufacturer who's solving his own problems in priority, on the log run you may also discover this was the wrong solution to the wrong challenge and become unable to operate it once over-sensitized, etc.  YMMV.  One size doesn't always fit them all (on the contrary!) and throwing fair amounts of money by the window as you have won't help it.  Yet it sure feels like déjà vu...

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 1

Hi @yabbah i stopped the biftas and got a pax 1a few years ago but the battery life was shocking and ended up back on the biftas, i got a dynavap last year from @vapefiend and that sorted the battery issues ! Both of the vapes seemed to help me taste more with a popcorny after taste but the terpene profiles are definitely more evident....... not shitty though ! I quite like it.

• Like 1

My dry herb vape was delicious, lower temp for flavour then high temp to finish it off. Tried smoking what was left but it was really bad tasting in a pipe which seemed a waste so would run it on high temp again with the CBD vape juice to finish it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

Hi @yabbah i stopped the biftas and got a pax 1a few years ago but the battery life was shocking and ended up back on the biftas, i got a dynavap last year from @vapefiend and that sorted the battery issues ! Both of the vapes seemed to help me taste more with a popcorny after taste but the terpene profiles are definitely more evident....... not shitty though ! I quite like it.

I thought i was going to be able t taste more from my weed but all i taste is a mix of damp and that popcorn taste that has been mentioned. It also smells like shit after its been running for a few minutes, my gf actually thought id farted one night and it was just the vape beside us on the table lol literally smells like shit

19 hours ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

Yeah even with a portable vape you should get decent flavour IME.

I've had a Pax 2 for about 3 years now and it definitely lets you taste on the inhale. but  not the biggest hit like desktop vaps but the flavour/taste should be there, its one of the good things about vaping.

Are you cleaning it ? if i dont clean mine, all weed begins to become tasteless and thats with desktops to.

i clean my hydro tube on Vapexhale pretty much everyday.

ISO , pipecleaner's  is what i use and ISO wipes , Usually pretty easy to get hold of but given current circumstances you literally couldn't pick a worse time to buy some. 

Are you still smoking tobacco? just i didn't really appreciate the vape until i completely quit tobacco.

and lastly try setting temps below what you usually use, lower temps tend to give more flavor obviously that will change the high type.

Good luck you deserve some flavor to your weed for 230 euros chap

Ive cleaned it twice now with the alcohol wipes that ar tin the vape, but it tasted like the from the very start. I am still smoking some joints, partly because im so disappointed with the vape and also because my gf still smokes them. I have asthma and this whole covid-19 thing put the shits up me to stop smoking! lol 

16 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Salutations Yabbah,

So you saw gold, fell for it, got strip-naked with a smile and now finally realize it's not up to initial expectations.  What a surprize!

Absolutely not.  Although you must prepare to loose the characteristic scent of a burnt "joint" it's supposed to make aroma/taste appreciation a lot more enjoyable after an adaptation period.  Not to mention after some long while it may even prove difficult to rely on combustion smoke again...  All vaporizers ain't necessarily the same, except most of the popular solutions offer a long slow/steady dry consumption method & ritual and i find this sucks because of the associated "baking", which reminds me about these devices requiring a few empty burn cycles simply to remove potential contaminants coming from the factory.  But in the end it's still serving the manufacturer who's solving his own problems in priority, on the log run you may also discover this was the wrong solution to the wrong challenge and become unable to operate it once over-sensitized, etc.  YMMV.  One size doesn't always fit them all (on the contrary!) and throwing fair amounts of money by the window as you have won't help it.  Yet it sure feels like déjà vu...

You're damn right. Fell in to all this hype about the materials used in the vape (which should be important) but this vape does not have a flavour profile like anything that was laced with 24 carrot gold...

I wonder should i have left the vape run a few dry cycles..am i tasting contaminants? I have thrown fair money to the wind it would seem. Not sure what my options are for returning this vape, and the shop i bought it in is definitely closed since the lockdown happened in Ireland.

I did see on the dutch passion website they have a big 'ole sale at the moment with the pax3 at around 150 euro currently...would this be a worthwhile purchase in comparison to the zeus? maybe try flog the zeus of second hand to someone

11 hours ago, marcjuna said:

My dry herb vape was delicious, lower temp for flavour then high temp to finish it off. Tried smoking what was left but it was really bad tasting in a pipe which seemed a waste so would run it on high temp again with the CBD vape juice to finish it.

Cannot seem for the life of me to get any type of a draw off the low temps with this vape. I have a fair set of lungs too, clearing bongs is no problem for me. It seems like i have to run the whole session on max heat usually to get any type of vapour from the weed. What vape are you using?

They don't work that way, you get a bit of flavour and high but left craving the smoke. More of a way to have a fly toke on the move, hard to replace your smoke with vape maybe a better place to start. Plus your weed looks unused. 

@yabbah flowerpots aura cheap and cheerful 

Edited by marcjuna

Did you do the "sterilization" proceedure? ? 

- basically maxing the unit out for a few cycles and shaking it to wake it every 30 seconds or so as it goes into snooze mode 

I'd gently blow through it while it's maxxed out too

There are some updates on their site @ https://zeusarsenal.com/update/

I'd go with the hottest one first 

Hi again Yabbah,

On 07/04/2020 at 5:33 AM, yabbah said:

Fell in to all this hype about the materials used in the vape (which should be important)...

Quite obviously some shiny strips outside the cannabic path don't contribute to performance at all, it's a decoy serving 3rd-party mercantile purposes essentially.  IMO this detail alone should have raised a flag because of already limited resources being spent over trivial/superficial/deceiving features in lack of a better offer...  What matters most with material selection is to provide durable/reliable chemically inert surfaces within the operating range, or deal rationally with an Energy Budget that won't result in extreme excess heat requiring compensation elsewhere.  When dealing with Dry Herbs a favourite mix of heat vectors shall typically impose convection mode as a priority while an attempt is made to optimize convection-to-radiative and convection-to-conductive ratios, but not only:  learn to recognize the "Release/Transport Agent" to expedite classification.  For example the "venerable" (and cost-inflated) Volcano exposes its bowl to intense temperatures for a relatively long duration measuring in minutes, while sticking to a "black box" conceptual model where everything gets thermalized indiscriminantly.  The benefit for such strategy is deeper extraction/activation from "bio"/quality dry flowers with a fair part of its "bouquet" actually boosted by not-so-noble molecules that infuse through vegetal tissue, the penalty being that this complex "connoisseur" experience may as well mask denaturation combined to unwanted side-reactions from potential contaminants.  In addition, lets consider the consumption method implies a ritual inviting party-like (dose) abuse just because we can't resist the urge to empty that bag after a frustrating preparation period.  Now keep in mind ~300+ mg bowls ain't exactly economic while it may be felt necessary simply to access sufficient aroma/taste appreciation, so perhaps the solution should be to stop wasting energy to begin with, so purists no longer demand for glass which often becomes a matter of expensive art in water toys rendered necessary in absence of Inlet Water, etc.  Overall it turns out a lot of popular devices share a common feature of the Volcano:  they're all depending on Hot Dry Air Ovenization for the "Release/Transport/Activation" phase, which IMO is the wrong remedy trying to address the wrong problem, e.g. that of a manufacturer actually...

A contrasting switch to pulse-mode methods & rituals may help to reduce the "baking" effect from plain ovenizing while more specifically targetting contact surfaces on trichome glands, away from a vegetal substrate that is possibly less-than-noble.  Too bad people get easily impressed with brute force from kitchen-size torches, etc., etc.

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

• 1 year later...
On 06/04/2020 at 0:12 PM, yabbah said:

Hey guys, just got my first dry herb vaporiser a couple of weeks ago. Its a very different experience to smoking! One of the things i cant seem to get past is the taste of the vapour - it tastes like shit.

At first i thought it was my own weed was shit, but i brought the vape to amsterdam with me and it literally made all weed taste the same - like shit.

Is this a bad vape? like bad compared to the pax-3 or mighty? or is this just what vaped weed tastes like? because i was expecting it to at least taste like a blunt...and for 230 euro its a big let down

I was lookin at one but this puts me off?

Vaped weed on full tilt on the volcano can at most go a bit popcorny but thats about the worst.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/06/2021 at 5:16 PM, Nick Berry said:

I was lookin at one but this puts me off?

Vaped weed on full tilt on the volcano can at most go a bit popcorny but thats about the worst.

yeh don't get one dude. Just grab a mighty for yourself and be done with it

• Like 1

Why a mighty when a tinymight is so much better imo @yabbah? Even a crafty plus is better. Perhaps a mighty plus is due? Anyway, current crop of convection is much better than old s&b tech. Check them out if you get a chance....

Edited by M Pamplemousse