never pay for hps photo filters

scottishgorilla420

hi i have been having this problem up untill now when taken pics under the hps and i was thinkig about spending the money one one of theese lenses so that my photo wasnt just bright yellow/red  but after a little google search on how to white balance ect i came up with a little plan i have one of them cheap plastic grinders and its blue (result) so i thought if the camera cant pick up the blue just add it o i poppednthe bottom of held it over my camera and the result was pretty good if i do say so myself (pics to follow)

• Like 1

this is the basic pic on phone cameralarge.20200405_193823.jpg this is with the bottom of the blue plastic grinder over phone camera large.20200405_193708.jpglarge.20200405_193816.jpgi was more than happy with that but if you just open the photo in pbotoshop and click the tungsten filter you get this large.PSX_20200405_202615.jpglarge.PSX_20200405_202634.jpg

• Like 12

maybe the wrong forum but might be able to help a few in here if not feel free to point me.in the right direction cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owderb said:
3 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Just take them when the lights are off and use a flash

Owd

running 24/0 mate only my first attempt at growing. lots to learn but im going to do my next one on 18/6 and see what the diffrence is so i will get my pics when the light is off 

• Like 4

I have a 2nd CFL in my tent. I Turn off the main light and take pics\check plants under CFL.

Let HPS cool before turning back on.

Makes inspection and photos so much easier.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Don't turn that lamp off for a damn second....

i wont be if i need a beyter inspection i just sit by tent door so its gettin some hps and some natural light 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Don't turn that lamp off for a damn second....

Why not. I used to turn my lights off during lights on and take the pics then put the lights back on when they'd cooled. I'd got a light on in the bedroom so it was never dark. No problem at all doing this

Owd

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

Why not. I used to turn my lights off during lights on and take the pics then put the lights back on when they'd cooled. I'd got a light on in the bedroom so it was never dark. No problem at all doing this

Owd

I totally agree, my sarcasm isn't well portrayed without an emoji.  

I do the same as above.  People can sometimes be a wee bit too precious.

;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

;)

or its just more to the point i can pull bottom of grinder out my pocket take the pic  have tent zipped back up then pics uploaded. or at this point i can still be  waiting on the light to cool before i can switch it back on lol

43 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

;)

i just tend to take the plant out of the tent still getting natural light from the window opposite  and tends to only be out for max of a few min

On 06/04/2020 at 3:08 PM, scottishgorilla420 said:

or its just more to the point i can pull bottom of grinder out my pocket take the pic  have tent zipped back up then pics uploaded. or at this point i can still be  waiting on the light to cool before i can switch it back on lol

You can carry on doing that mate. Thats entirely up to you. If they are good enough for you then thats all that matters but although the pics are better through the grinder they still aren't that great but like I said its entirely up to you

Owd

• Like 2

I've banned myself turning lights off at the contactor box for pictures, 3 times I've forgot to turn them back on lol:fart:

Using your grow room glasses Infront of the camera works a treat too, 

I try and go in my room 15 minutes before lights on for pictures now. 

• Like 4