Time to move from t8 to tent

My first grow

Hi guys

i’ve recently started my first grow. 

i received my tent & extraction kit today & have it just about set up.
Tent dimensions. 1.2mx1.2mx2m

i started 10 days ago with 3 seeds. I followed all steps before inserting the popped seeds into peat pots. 2 of which have broken the surface & look to be doing well. 

I was then offered 5 clones from a friend. I accepted & have had them in my small pots for 7 days. these also look to be doing good. 

my question is. When is the correct time to take these from prop cupboard where they have been under t5 light & kept at 22d & 70-75rh & put into tent with similar temps under 600 hps?

would I be better to have the light at its highest setting so as not to shock the plants? 

All advice would be appreciated

thanks

C

• Like 1

Gets hot underneath hps bulbs I always just put my hand under it if my hand doesn't burn I think it's ok for plants to be honest. I swap from fluro in veg to hps in flower and the need for nutrients goes up massively from day 1 under the hps. Other then that it's all good.

I have a decent extraction system I think. I’ve had it set up for a few hours & the temps sitting at 24.7. I think I’ll move them in later & see how the go. 

Straight away. There seems to be some fear regarding putting young plants under big lights. They will love you for it as long as you don't put them too close.

Edited by UnderMirkwood
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, UnderMirkwood said:

I put them in last night for they’re first 18/6 under 600w. Through the night my humidity dropped as low as 27 & the plants didn’t like it. 

I’ve turned up the out fan & changed down to a 400w blub for when they turn back on later. Hopefully they can recover. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Do what you feel is best dude. I've just put 5 Jack Herer seedlings under a 600w myself, I germinated them in a heated prop on my utility room windowsill. I'm still waiting for the other 7 to germinate. The first five have been put into their first pots, I start mine in jiffy pellets. I haven't done a diary in a long time, perhaps it's time to do another. Stay Safe Dude.