Ice Cool

Resonance

Hello ppl,

It's been a little while since I've been on but like most folk at the mo i find myself with a bit of free time.

So to combat the boredom I'm going to run a wee diary of this Ice Cool girl i have.

She's been hanging around for a couple of months now and I've just been keeping her ticking over during the cold months.

Medium-biobizz Lightmix to start, now in Allmix.

Ferts- biobizz fishmix/grow/bloom.

Pot size at mo- 7.5 ltr.

I'm not entirely sure what is happening with her yet but probably looking at taking cuts and running them via a Hydro sytem at some point.

I want to keep the stock and have a little try at grafting again aswell.

This is where she is at, at the moment. Another round of thinning out.

Please excuse the blue hue to the pics, I've put my lumi specs infront of cam lens to combat the yellowing from the bulb.

large_ss3.jpglarge_ss2.jpglarge_ss1.jpg

:hippy:

• Like 5

Hey mate, good to see you back again, doing the ole do haha

Nice strain choice, be cool seeing it finishing an what you think.

An that’s the sort off haircut I give em too dude, looks brutal, but works a treat.

Good luck with it...

• Like 2

Wow mate,

That's a great LST work there so far. I'm sure she will get up and running very soon and then we can only expect a bombastic flowering :yep:

Oh.. and nice to see you around, by the way :) Always a great pleasure :oldtoker:

Keep it up and sweet smokes,

tommy

• Like 1

Hello guys @Amo   and  @Sweet Seeds-tommy  , Hope your all doing well at the moment :bong:

Yeah she's recovering nicely. I really want to run the cuts I'll harvest soon in a Hydro system.

Not being able to get out much might mess that idea up a bit though because i need to build a system and would need parts and that.

No worries though, They'll go into Soil if needs must.

Stay well guys :hippy:

P.s she's only a wee lass, about a foot and a half round, nice and manageable.

I've just started off a S.F.L.K  and  Ganesh Spirit bean, Hope to play around with a cut off them, See if i can finally grasp 'Grafting' and stick them to the stock of this Ice Cool gal.

large_ss2.jpglarge_ss1.jpg

• Like 4

All good mate, thanks!

Well, there is already a visible difference in the plant... so it will be unstoppable now ;)

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:wallbash:      Hi @silvester growdrobe      She's for cuts my friend, I do mention this a few times above but understand that this lockdown has sent us all a bit doolally lol .

Honest, look proof ehe . I want to make a nft style grow system but that will only happen if these cuts take.

I don't have much luck of late in that department so i am crossing my fingers vigorously :smokin:

I've just had some Red Hot Cookies land this morning so at least i have a back up plan i guess.

large_ss.jpg

• Like 3

You're assuming I can read lol

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Resonance said:

:wallbash:      Hi @silvester growdrobe      She's for cuts my friend, I do mention this a few times above but understand that this lockdown has sent us all a bit doolally lol .

Honest, look proof ehe . I want to make a nft style grow system but that will only happen if these cuts take.

I don't have much luck of late in that department so i am crossing my fingers vigorously :smokin:

I've just had some Red Hot Cookies land this morning so at least i have a back up plan i guess.

large_ss.jpg

hello mate :) i had terrible trouble taking cuts but my last attempt i used these

large.5e931ebe8f0b2_cloningcups.jpglarge.5e931ec0332bd_cloningcup.jpg

i took 12 cuts, apart from one i fucked up i have 10 rooted in 2-3 weeks and just one still trying but i reckon it will. they are cheap as on the bay and just tape up the lids stick under a t5 and set the heat to 25oc and you are golden :)

• Like 4

lol @silvester growdrobe   

@ratdog  Hello mate, Cheers for the info. Always appreciated :yes: and no doubt will be used at some point in the future :hippy:

Update: While the cuts 'fingers X'd' root. I've made a start on the Hydro bodge.

I dug out and cleaned down an old nft 424 tank for the nutes.

Cut to length some 65mm square downpipe.

Drilled 50mm holes at 20cm apart down the lengths and popped in some 50mm net pots. They sit nicely at 15mm above the run of the channel.

Popped some 90 bends on at the feed end.

I'm using a couple of adjustable hooks either end of a spare piece of downpipe to use as a bar that the channels can sit on.

Erm, thats it for now, I'll get the pipework set up soon and update.

large.20200510_162804.jpglarge.20200510_162658.jpglarge.20200510_162634.jpg

• Like 3

Good use of spouting. I reckon this will work well for a sog grow any longer the roots will be a problem.

• Like 1