DIY 10 ton press with pics

Hesketh

Hi Lads,  I've just but together a 10 ton press, I picked up a 10T sealey bench press off Ebay ( 2nd hand ) £70 

And a second hand controller £96

It's not really DIY as the controller and heat plates aren't expensive enough for me to go down that route.

The controllers with thermocouples are around 200£ new on Ebay and a 10T press is around 250£ new 

Here's how it looks, not a bad set up but the press weighs a bit 

large.IMG_28032020_173929_(600_x_600_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_28032020_174005_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg

• Like 3

Nice!  

I so need that in my life right now.  I dry-iced half my crop and have a few ounces of kief.  Working it by hand into black is a long n painful process.  I can see something like that would make short work of it :)

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Cheers 

This ones a keeper... I had a fug 20t one that looked awesome, but for reason out of my control ( bin bagged by the mrs ) I sold it before I did 1 press in anger.

This one was buttons in comparison and the controller / thermocouples are identical, only the press is different.

I'm going to press some bits and Bob's over this lockdown period, so I'll keep this updated 

• Like 1