Looking to grow for first time.

tuloch91

Brand new to this site and never grown my own crop before so try and dumb it down as much as you can for me if possible haha.    Looking to get a grow tent set up but seen some bad things said about the kits you can buy as a whole so was hoping someone can point me in the direction of the right type of stuff I need for my set up.

Hoping to be able to grow 4 plants eventually so would like to get that kind of set up just now have around 400-500 for my set up which having had a look around I know isnt much but was hoping maybe I could still get a decent kit to get me started?     any advice on what I need to get and a point in the right direction of where to look would be greatly appreciated.

More then enough that budget mate. The ready to go tent setups usually would be fine to use but they tend to come with a very weak fan not upto the task. I would just build up a similar package individually on eBay or something myself and replace the fan with something a bit heftier.  5 or 6". 

• Like 1

I'd use that mate I'd be going for the 6" fan though. It all depends on how you want to grow really id probably start off with compost it seems to be the most user friendly method. I jumped straight into hydro when I started growing so I know next to nothing about compost grow nutes and stuff but if you have a look around the diary sections on here you will find lots of ideas for how to set your own space up and what bits and bats you might be missing. 

• Like 2

that would be fine,I'd go for the upgraded fan/filter though.

then you gotta decide are you going with soil?

if so then the canna terra pro is expensive but worth the few quid extra as it comes bug free!

and if your using the canna soil use their nutes which would be canna terra Vega for vegging growth and canna terra Flores for the flowering cycle.

there are a million and one aditives available but the above will get you a great crop without any bullshit £££ unnessecery bits

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

eBay do have good deals on tents and lights . Thing to do is if you see a real bargain then bite the bullet as bargains go fast .  I picked my tent up for 22.99 . I planned on building a purpose built cupboard but the tent was to be way cheaper and a very nice bit of kit. I think mow the going rate is 40 to 50 pounds for a 60cm x 60cm x 140cm. You know I think they're worth that to be honest and they may last for years.

Edited by pothead11
incomplete