My First Setup

LennyBach

This is my current (first) setup, not a great photo but I'll get a better one over the next few weeks.

Not sure how it's going to work but I expect there's going to be a lot of trial and error (as I'm already finding!).

large.5e7f3a29a089e_S1240004-Copy.JPG

I've got a Gorilla Shory 92x92x150cm (tallest I could fit for now)

Mars Hydro TS1000

6"Rhino thermostatic fan with a 6" Rhino Pro filter

80w tube heater

I'm using Autopots as the setup isn't in the most accessible place - just to make sure things don't run dry if I can't get to them

Any tips welcome!

Lenny

• Like 2

Haven't used Autopot before but I'd be inclined to house the water tank outside the grow space in case the temps spike in the coming months.  You may need some kind of water-chiller if you're going to keep it in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJJ said:

Haven't used Autopot before but I'd be inclined to house the water tank outside the grow space in case the temps spike in the coming months.  You may need some kind of water-chiller if you're going to keep it in there.

There's two reasons why I put it in there:

My main concern was spillage - if it leaks in there at least there's some protection from the spill tray.

The second was the opposite of what you're suggesting - I'd read that cold water isn't great for roots so I thought that by having it in there it would warm it up a bit. When I first put it in it was like having a cooler in there, the temps went way down. They've settled now that it's warmed up over a couple of days.

I was in two minds whether to have it in or out though so I might change things around.

• Like 1

presume the big pots are empty? What does the JH stand for, Jack Herer? If so nice, one of my favourite strains.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/03/2020 at 7:29 PM, growitandsmokeit said:

presume the big pots are empty? What does the JH stand for, Jack Herer? If so nice, one of my favourite strains.

Yeah, it's my first grow and I've gone for a Jack Herer and Chocolate Orange, I've got a bit of a diary going in the Autos section. I'm having a bit of trouble with the Jack Herer actually, mottled leaves with some of them curling - it's still growing though so I'm trying not to worry too much.

The pots were empty when I took that, they're both coming two weeks old now - had to germinate two new seeds because the I must have cocked up the first ones! 

Nice setup buddy..

I’ve been using aquapots for a few years now and I’ve never had the reservoir leak.

I’ve had a few leaks at the valve end from leaving the cover sitting across it so the valve is stuck open. I’ve fitted an alarm now cause it’s so easy done so be careful. 

Other then that though it’s a bullet proof system.

Good luck with the grow.. 

• Like 1