Autopot (Pot Size)

Caly

So my autopot system was delivered today, the 15 litre pots are massive, will 10 of those in a 2x1.2x2.4 be too big to finish in? I've also brought 1,3 & 6 litre pots (non autopot) will these still be ok to use in the aquavalve tray as I'm potting up, or do I need autoput branded pots?

Thanks 

Sorry should of put the question better. Just need to know from autopot users if you start with either 8.5 litre or 15 litre pots with clones/seedlings from the beginning? 

Hand water until roots grow rather than potting up to different sizes, if that makes sense.

you can use any pots mate, i use 10 ltr pots and have done for years without issue. they also do not have to be square either, round ones do the same job.

i dont use the autopots as such until i'm in my final pots, i hand water until then.

• Like 1

just to add, the 15ltr pots that come with the system are perfect for standing your res on, stack em together and turn them upside down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brainwashedsheeple said:

you can use any pots mate, i use 10 ltr pots and have done for years without issue. they also do not have to be square either, round ones do the same job.

i dont use the autopots as such until i'm in my final pots, i hand water until then.

Thanks mate, so if I decided to use the 8.5 litre pots I can just use them right from the beginning?

22 minutes ago, Caly said:

Thanks mate, so if I decided to use the 8.5 litre pots I can just use them right from the beginning?

8½ltr will be fine to use, i still pot up though mate, i just feed em by hand though till they are in the final pots, then i use the autopots properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caly said:

Thanks @HippyHair & @brainwashedsheeple you've been a great help. Just out of interest, if my grow goes well, how many oz could I expect from 8.5 litres? 

impossible to say mate, way too many factors ie light, strain, environment etc, but, if i use my light on 6oow, i average around 20oz dry from 4 girls, have had more, have had less.

• Like 1

Doin autos for my next run. Are you guys saying I can transplant these like photos? Or do you recommend planting in final pot? 

13 minutes ago, PurpleCookieDog said:

Doin autos for my next run. Are you guys saying I can transplant these like photos? Or do you recommend planting in final pot? 

This should help you mate.

• Like 1