How the hell is this possible......

AstroNut

I've been growing autos for 10 years and my most recent grow had a dutch passion mix along with 3 auto mazars. I harvested around 2 months ago and today i found some seeds in one of my jarred automazars. I definitely didn't have a male in my grow room and only 1 of the 3 auto mazars that i grew contains seeds and all 7 of my plants were grown together from start to finish....Can anyone explain this? If there is an explanation. Thanks in advance and stay safe out there

1 minute ago, AstroNut said:

Really? And it would only affect that plant and not seed others? What about the seeds themselves?

If it just threw a few nanas inside the bud clusters it would only seed itself. I think they are useless personally as that plant obviously tends to hermie. 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 2

Just now, AstroNut said:

Really? And it would only affect that plant and not seed others? What about the seeds themselves?

Will be feminised autos with an inclination to hermie. 

A couple of Male flowers on one plant wont necessarily pollinate the groom.

If you don't mind the odd pip in your grape I'd grow them seeds out.

Many will baulk at this suggestion, but as long as there aren't enough seeds to annoy you, you could probably keep growing for a year or two using those Gene's.

Cant imagine why seed companies discourage such behavior.

:unsure:

• Like 2

Do yourself a favour.  Test it against the other plants smoke wise.  Is it any less potent?  Why is it such a shame?   

Seed vendors have made seeds seem evil.

Especially those who only offer fems and autos.

Just my opinion.

But then, I don't have a vested interest in persuading you otherwise.

Seed vendors do.

;)

• Like 3

they  don't encourage it because seeds from a hermie are most likely to grow more plants that are very hermie prone, that's why.

Why would you want to grow more hermie prone plants?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

The only reason I'd use them because the source was a bit of a beast but if the strength or taste was dramatically different then i wouldn't bother personally 

There was a guy on here used to grow the same plant year after year in his back yard.  Every year the odd bud was lightly seeded.  Every year he kept the seeds and rinsed and repeated.  For quite a few years I believe.

No harm done and not a penny spent on seeds.

Some of the most head twisting, strongest smoke I've ever encountered was heavily seeded top grade Mexican brickweed.

I think the whole fear of seeds/hermies is more corporate driven.

Every single strain of cannabis has a predisposition for being hermie.

Somewhere on the sliding scale.

It's like humans and OCD.

• Like 2

I preffer my joints without the snap, crackle and pop of seeds in them. 

and seeds aren't exactly expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstroNut said:

Why did the plant appear to be female from start to finish? Not a ball/bollock in sight.....

As it was only 1% hermie.  Ball sacks can be hidden in buds.

Just remove seeds before smoking.

The progeny should not be +/- hermie than the mother.  

That could be free auto seeds for a good few generations.

Just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Strange - I've been growing constantly for over 16 years, and when I first started I used to grow DP Mazar as one of my faves.

Then a couple of years ago I grew it again, with very mixed results, not like the original genetics I remember at all, lacking the vigour that I remembered (so much so in fairness @DutchPassionTony provided my with replacements for free)

Foolishly I decided to give DP Mazar (feminized, not auto) another go recently and am currently two weeks into flower. Went down last night and one of the girls has hermied in the most extreme way. To say I pissed off is an understatement. This is only the second time in my whole growing life this has happened (first time about 15 years ago was my fault). This time it has to be the genetics. 

I will never buy DP Mazar again, and I would think twice about buying any DP strain.

Real shame, as it used to be a cracker.