my set up so far

miserydrift

as per title almost finished sorting my grow tent out just need to sort out the cable management,going to order a carboair 50 filter to replace the ox filter and will eventualy get round to getting a better extraction fan

large.20200326_131419.jpg

hydrolab 2x1x2m tent

meiju 240w led boards x 2

130w 3 and half foot tube heater

inkbird controller

6'ram clip on fan

12'gardners corner box fan

6' extraction fan with ox carbon filter

4.5ltr pure mate digital humidifier

4 hygrometer/thermometers

11ltr pots

• Like 7

Very nice set up, many of the items you've used I'm a fan of. When you say 

1 hour ago, miserydrift said:

just need to sort out the cable management

I assume you not only mean a general tidy up of the cables but also locating the extension lead sockets outside the tent. I'd be extremely reluctant to run (especially during humid veg period) any electrical device which is not plugged in on the exterior of the tent.

Consider calculating the power consumption of all those devices plugged in to ensure the combination of all in use do not exceed the cable rating of single extension lead (normally 13 amps).  Heating and to a lesser degree lighting devices are of particular note as these consume far more than fans / controllers etc. If your unsure use two extension leads (rather than single eight gang type) plugged into separate wall sockets as this is fed by 2.5 mm2 core ring main cable able to handle a minimum of 20 amps (more if embedded in wall / not in contact with insulation) to share the load between both.

Apologies if you've already considered the aforementioned points. Worth checking just for your own peace of mind then you can forget about it.

Best of luck with your grow mate, very nice bits of kit you have :yep: and so much room, quite jealous :eek:

• Like 5

@Poisonata Routing the gang socket outside of the tent is a no go unfortunately the tent is in a cupboard as u can see here I literally have no space to place em outside as back of the tent is right up against the wall where the onlthe double socket is and alot of the cables wont fit outside the tent hence the placement large.5e5facef0db90_Y4PVA11.JPG

I do plan to get an enclosure that I can place the gang sockets in that will be watertightish.i do plan to get another extension bud had actually been planning to order it tonight.just had to wait on being paid lol went well over budget for this set up as originally stupidly bought cheapo blurple lights.but luckily was put onto those meiju leds by another member.thanks for the input bud greatly appreciated :)

Thanks bud gonna need it.cheers :)

• Like 1

Dude, you need some cable-ties...lol And a fire system might be in order too.  Where you've got that multi adaptor will likely be overrun by plants a month or so down the line.  I'm sure you'll figure it out though.  I just can't figure out why you've so many cables coming from above the light.. :unsure:  I've got one.

• Like 2

I'd change the leccy set up too, theres too many plugs in the tent for my liking, if its a case of the cables not reaching outside the tent,

its easy enough to change the cable for a longer length on some items but for the ones you cant, cut the plugs off & use cable waterproof connectors

to join a longer length of cable, if you cant do that, at least move the plugs up off the floor & have them as high as you can get them,

its too easy to have a water spill.

• Like 6

I'd use a board mounted on the ceiling of the tent if I was really stuck.  Like a plank of wood between two ceiling support poles.

large.20200201_131247.jpg

That's all my shizzle mounted on a board.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Dude, you need some cable-ties...lol And a fire system might be in order too.  Where you've got that multi adaptor will likely be overrun by plants a month or so down the line.  I'm sure you'll figure it out though.  I just can't figure out why you've so many cables coming from above the light.. :unsure:  I've got one.

got cable ties just need to get in there and sort it all out once i get other shit sorted  plus ive been in unwell recently shortness of breath all that jazz so havent had much energy took me an hr and a half to install those lights cause i had to keep stopping lol  fire alarms in there just need to order the auto fire extinguishers :) will be sorted before the plants over run it, theres 2 cables coming off the lights the third is the cable for extraction fan

30 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

I'd change the leccy set up too, theres too many plugs in the tent for my liking, if its a case of the cables not reaching outside the tent,

its easy enough to change the cable for a longer length on some items but for the ones you cant, cut the plugs off & use cable waterproof connectors

to join a longer length of cable, if you cant do that, at least move the plugs up off the floor & have them as high as you can get them,

its too easy to have a water spill.

ill give it a go bud cheers have been looking at getting ip55  boxs that gang sockets etc can go into to help with waterproofing the system,the pics deceiving as none of the plugs are on the floor bud i made sure of that when i set it up

18 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'd use a board mounted on the ceiling of the tent if I was really stuck.  Like a plank of wood between two ceiling support poles.

That's all my shizzle mounted on a board.

nice i may use that idea cheers bud!!

• Like 3

@miserydrift I see your dilemma. And yes I know all about overspending on the grow. Setting a room up is expensive, people chip in with 'really should get this / that'. Personally started growing in part as financial burden of buying it had become too great, last thing I wanted to hear was I needed to fork out even more. So I get it, sadly :ermm:

Hermetically sealed case could be a plan to cover the extension, better than nothing but really it's not a good long term solution. With so many wires entering / exiting a box it is inevitable some water penetration will occur, over time moisture build up could cause real problems in a sealed unit. Other thing about boxing in electrics is it's poor practice especially with this number of plugs / wires. Cables are rated dependant on how they are situated, that is there ability to disperse heat naturally generated by the conducting of electricity. As you've seen with previous posters units all are correctly mounted on non conducting board (wood) not confined in a small area / box which would inhibit heat dispersal. And in no direct contact with any moisture.

Really rethink your electrics, I know it's a pain in the ass. Everything is now in, you've made a nice job. Bit skint also but it's just asking for trouble. Not berating you, just looking out for you :yep: Made a really smart job of everything else which I commend you for :) 

• Like 4

tbh im not to fussed if i have to fork out more mate as its for the good of the grow and safety of the family as have 5 kids in house last thing id want is for it to go up in flames when im on nightshift and wifes and kids asleep

so all mounted to a board would mounting it on roof at back of the carbon filter be ok? as my logic with that is that any moisture is being sucked up through the filter before it realisticly could get near the elctrics?

@Poisonata definatly not taken it as u berating me bud all sound advice that im taking on board and greatly appreciate it thank you!!!

• Like 1

Looking at your pictures I'd suggest mounting the board high up as close to the entrance as possible outside the tent. In the space between the top of the tent and the room ceiling. Then stood on a pair of small steps it's readily accessible without too much trouble.

19 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

so all mounted to a board would mounting it on roof at back of the carbon filter be ok?

Inside the tent ? Think you can guess my response here. If however you meant outside the tent basically sat on the tent roof, also no. Top of the tent is the hottest area and it's black also which really doesn't help. 

21 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

as my logic with that is that any moisture is being sucked up through the filter before it realisticly could get near the elctrics?

The extraction just isn't that effective and would in no way form an effective moisture barrier. 

The ideal solution is mounted high up, outside the tent with no direct contact with the tent. Sufficient space round it for accessibility and air movement to allow natural cooling. Anything else is a compromise. 

@Poisonata id literally have to strip the tent down to just the frame to be able to do that bud will have to do that after this grow as i literaly have 4 inchs of space from the front top part of the tent to the above the door of the cupboard its in

Edited by miserydrift

sorted as much as i can just now till after the grow and dryings done then can run everything outside the tent

large.20200403_175412.jpg

• Like 5