Maxicrop seaweed for seeds

Gonna keep it short,

just need to know if and how people have used this? and how helpful it has been if you've noticed a difference?

Thanks in advance guys 

Peace

Yeah good for all stages, for seed soak obviously use a weaker dilution and so on.  

I mostly use the triple concentrate so can't say about dosages. 

• Like 1

I use the standard maxi crop. 0.3 ml / litre for soaking 

Then up to 2ml per litre as your root stim depending on the stage of your Seedlings 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 2

Hey guys

Thanks for the replies all of you

so it's the "Maxicrop organic seaweed plant growth stimulant" in case there is a varying differences in Maxicrop range

Obviously the instructions only have the amount for 10mls to 9ltrs, so I'm very grateful for your preferred measurements as I certainly don't need that much.

so hopefully last quick question, how.long do you soak in the solution? It says 12hrs which I was going to do but I was going to put it in a smaller glass and put that on top of a folded bit of capillary matting on top of a combi boiler (lots of on tops going on) lol

sounds good to me 

what about you guys?

Peace

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Henroid said:

how.long do you soak in the solution?

I soak them until tails appear from the seed then plant tail down in the soil. 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Henroid said:

Hey guys

Thanks for the replies all of you

so it's the "Maxicrop organic seaweed plant growth stimulant" in case there is a varying differences in Maxicrop range

Obviously the instructions only have the amount for 10mls to 9ltrs, so I'm very grateful for your preferred measurements as I certainly don't need that much.

so hopefully last quick question, how.long do you soak in the solution? It says 12hrs which I was going to do but I was going to put it in a smaller glass and put that on top of a folded bit of capillary matting on top of a combi boiler (lots of on tops going on) lol

sounds good to me 

what about you guys?

Peace

Overnight then plant and I just put a few drops in in say half a cup. I wouldn't worry about heat for that time as it's just for the seed to absorb a bit.

• Like 1

I do 1ml of the triple and half ml of hydrogen peroxide per litre, paper towel method.  With good seeds and right temps you normally have tails in under 24 hours.  

• Like 4

Hey again bros 

I have decided to go with 0.5 ml/litre

I'm also going to keep it up on the boiler on the capillary mating, purely because it will keep it warm and it is the darkest place I have lol

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Amarillo slim said:

I do 1ml of the triple and half ml of hydrogen peroxide per litre, paper towel method.  With good seeds and right temps you normally have tails in under 24 hours.  

Hi mate. I'm having issues with my seeds this year. They are taking quite a while to pop and when they do, the tails are short. I use jiffy cloths rather than paper. In a tub with 1 or 2 ml of just water in the bottom. Theres 3 auto nevilles haze and 3 auto critical nevilles haze. They been in there 3 days and 4 out of 6 have popped, but only just, small tails. Ive got 3 malawi x nl too that seem slow. I don't have a heat mat so the tub, with a lid gently placed on top, is wrapped in a tea towel and under a t5. It's 20-28 degrees in there in the day.. they are obv sativa seeds, I've never grown sats from seed, does it make any difference? Do they take any longer? I've got wilkos liquid seaweed. What would you recommend? Any advice would be appreciated.. I usually have 1cm tails within 24-48 hr

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ocb said:

Hi mate. I'm having issues with my seeds this year. They are taking quite a while to pop and when they do, the tails are short. I use jiffy cloths rather than paper. In a tub with 1 or 2 ml of just water in the bottom. Theres 3 auto nevilles haze and 3 auto critical nevilles haze. They been in there 3 days and 4 out of 6 have popped, but only just, small tails. Ive got 3 malawi x nl too that seem slow. I don't have a heat mat so the tub, with a lid gently placed on top, is wrapped in a tea towel and under a t5. It's 20-28 degrees in there in the day.. they are obv sativa seeds, I've never grown sats from seed, does it make any difference? Do they take any longer? I've got wilkos liquid seaweed. What would you recommend? Any advice would be appreciated.. I usually have 1cm tails within 24-48 hr

Auto seeds can sometimes take bit longer, as can seeds that have thicker shells for environmental reasons.  I don't have enough experience with NLDs to say if they also take longer, although I think may have heard this before.  So I guess its possible that something like auto Neville's haze would naturally take longer than say a photoperiod northern lights, purely down to genetics.  These may also germinate best under different conditions and so on.  

But taking a look at the environment, Im struggling slightly to picture your set up.  But as stated I do 1ml of maxicrop triple and half ml of hydrogen peroxide per litre of tap water, use this to wet some folded good quality kitchen roll (moist not sopping wet) into a Tupperware or similar then seeds in with the kitchen roll loosely folded over, out of direct light, constant temps in the high 20s.  Just what works well for me and genetics I mostly use.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4

Hi everyone

Thanks for looking in.

Apologies if this is off topic and/or for if I’m being a Charlatan and Crashing In on someone else’s thread…:banned:

Loving this thread as I’m thinking about soaking some more seeds.

Been thinking about getting MaxiCrop weed to soak seeds in.

I’m trying to be as organic as possible. Is Maxicrop cold pressed/organically extracted or chemically extracted?

Or am I overthinking it in a kinda obsessive way :rolleyes:

I’m not a keyboard warrior, troll or social media bully so can take feedback. If I’m being obsessive just say so :woot:

28 minutes ago, PabloAcuario said:

I’m not a keyboard warrior,

Neither am I, but might I make so bold as to suggest you just sow them in small pots of compost about 1cm or half an inch down, firm the compost down so the husk gets dragged off by the seed leaves pushing up, water and wait ? No need for additives, just some seed compost.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Neither am I, but might I make so bold as to suggest you just sow them in small pots of compost about 1cm or half an inch down, firm the compost down so the husk gets dragged off by the seed leaves pushing up, water and wait ? No need for additives, just some seed compost.

Hi

Thanks for the info and advice.

That’s what I usually do.

Just over thinking it and getting sucked into buying seaweed products I don't need :wallbash:

Thanks for the reassurance.

• Like 1

It's good as a light organic nutrient during the sapling stage... The first two weeks from when the seedling pops out of the medium.

Also when cuttings don't have a well developed root system.

It's very good as a foliar feed also.

To make this simple it does contain NPK ratios so it's up to you how you'd like to use it considering the information above.

All the best bro!!