How often should I be watering in 15 litre pots ?

Tommytopper

As the title says how often should be watering with 25/30% run off I’m currently doing it every 3/4 days but I’m reading I should treat coco like hydro and be watering daily but then I think I will be over watering them ? 

im thinking about trying a alien easyfeed bottom fed system that my mate uses he floods the system for 30 minutes every 72 hours ? 

is bottom feeding frequency different to top feeding frequency? 

thanks 

when coco first came out i used to treat it like soil, growing on a wet/dry watering cycle, but then it came out about coco being better if you water a few times a day, use little water more often. so say your giving them about 7 liters every 3/4 days. i would try like a 2 liter jug full every 3 hours, obviously better to use a drip feeder on a timer with coco rather than hand watering. :yinyang:

in coco ive never fed from the bottoms dude so cant answer that. s1:skin_up:

• Like 1

another thing i just remembered is that coco shouldnt be let dry out between waterings like soil. so if you continue to hand water i would try twice a day at 2 liters a time, see how they grow, thats if you can get to them a few times of day. if you cant, then dont wait till the coco is dry , water again when you see its drying out a little. once you have sussed out how much to give them each feed youl be fine watering more often. all the best with it:yinyang:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you are doing a 70:30 perlite mix, you can easily water to runoff every day, but if it's just coco then how frequently and how much you can water will depend on the root mass size relative to their pot. If the roots aren't well populated you could drown the roots and deprive them of air... you have to use your judgement.

Edited by catweazle1

On 15/03/2020 at 11:01 AM, smokie1 b c f c said:

when coco first came out i used to treat it like soil, growing on a wet/dry watering cycle, but then it came out about coco being better if you water a few times a day, use little water more often. so say your giving them about 7 liters every 3/4 days. i would try like a 2 liter jug full every 3 hours, obviously better to use a drip feeder on a timer with coco rather than hand watering. :yinyang:

in coco ive never fed from the bottoms dude so cant answer that. s1:skin_up:

Sorry to hi-jack post, but are drippers really what good when using coco ? I have been looking at them over the past few nights and i have seen nothing but good things about them to be honest. The thing that is stopping me is timing of feeds using the timer and intervals and such btween each feed along with the duration of the drippers being on as well.
I'm aware that adjustments are to be made on fly just a rough starting ground would be good.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I am newbie to coco and auto feeding from Organic soil . I have used my smaller recirculating pump as the feed for now to get them feeding alot asap.

I literally have a bucket with the pump in and a pipe to a 4 way manifold  with feed spikes. 

3 weeks old, they are on 5 1 minute feeds a day and happy. Just keep the bucket full enough... Happy days so far for me. Apparently coco likes 90% saturation so little and often seems popular.

My finals are 15l and ill keep watering 5 times a day with more or less depending on run off when in them. 

I suspect i will end up feeding to run off on a timer/bucket until flower when ill get the rez on the go. Either way your getting the benefiting regular feeding in coco

Sterl

• Like 1

Ive got 3 gallon root nurse pots and water by  hand  3 litres per pot every other day. Pots don't go dry and 5 weeks in to flower they are really happy. Not letting them dry out is key ive found...

It will vary from person to person so you need to adjust to suit what works for you.

Root density, light intensity, temperature / RH in grow room, type of pot, Coco/perlite mix all have an effect.

I'm currently in 20litre air pots with 80:20ish Coco/perlite and need to water every 24 hours to stop the pots drying out too much. If I'm using 100% Coco I can generally get away with watering every 48hours.

Edited by seb88
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently about to flip, 

15l pots with coco perl mix

7 feeds a day at the minute on 1 minute bursts and there going nuts lol

I can see why people struggle with humidity on a res system. Its got absolutely nothing to do with the res in my opinion. Its the saturated coco evaporating off moisture as your watering so often its always wet top side 

Sterl

• 5 months later...

I hand water til 1/2 weeks into flower and then water 600/800 ml twice per day (but can do 3 x 600 ml @3 ,6 & 9 hrs into a 12 hr cycle later in flower 5/6 weeks or if rooms running hot ) ,rtw system on blue wilma drippers 90 ltr res'.

This is in 15ltr pots running 4/6 x 600 hps ....

Hope this helps ;)

I hand water til 1/2 weeks into flower and then water 600/800 ml twice per day (but can do 3 x 600 ml @3 ,6 & 9 hrs into a 12 hr cycle later in flower 5/6 weeks or if rooms running hot ) ,rtw system on blue wilma drippers 90 ltr res'.

This is in 15ltr pots running 4/6 x 600 hps ....

Hope this helps ;)