1 tent for veg and flower but want to keep clones?

I want to take clones of one of my plants but the mrs aye budging on allowing another tent in the house (whipped I know) just wondering what my options are in regards to taking clones and keeping them during alive the flowering period of my current grow ? 

• Like 3

Buy the veg tent you deserve. Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.

I say buy a bigger tent to flower and your current tent can be for veg:yep:

If the missus asks, tell her you actually saved money in the same logic as why she bought all those shoes and handbags in the sale.:)

• Like 13
7 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Buy the veg tent you deserve. Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.

If the missus asks, tell her you actually saved money in the same logic as why she bought all those shoes and handbags in the sale.:)

Worst thing is I have a 1.2 bud box sat there doing sweet fa :( and she’s not that type of girl she’s a mechanic by trade so I recon some snap on tools will convince her otherwise :’) worst case scenario I’ll go with a loft tent just the hatch is a bastard to get in and out of 

• Like 2

Get a set of drawers or a kitchen unit carcase & convert them into a mini clone station, that way there wont be another tent in the house.

• Like 8

Stick your cuttings in the flowering tent during the 12hr light cycle, then put them on a windowsill or something for the other 12 hours.

• Like 2
On 3/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, monkeypig said:

^^ Remember this people, monkeypig has some serious experience at this get-out-clause game..

On another note, have you thought about a tent that's already divided, I purchased a split tent, one section is 60x60 while another section is 30x60 and even then its divided in half vertically too. I do or am using a section for fresh clones, below that a number of mothers and in the 60x60 area will be vegging further before they need training prior to going inside the flowering tent.

You could even tell the misses it's an upgrade from the previous single chambered tent lol and then flower inside it anyway.

I once divided a 1.2sqm tent in half vertically, used two cooltubes armed with 600s and trained the plants very low for flowering, you could maybe do the same but say 2/3rds the way up with flowering at the bottom and clones, vegging on the top section.. you really are stuck in a bad place though for lots of choices sadly.

I would go more for maybe joint hogger answer or even mixing the same notion with cyphers, either way I think this will cost you more time and labour when really you already know the easy route to travel but are seriously obstructed presently.

Use a card board box for cuttings, plus a clip on light, cut a small hole between the top flaps & drop in the light, I do it all the time. Box only needs to be big enough to put your prop in.

• Like 1

I did this a few year ago and me tent was over-run with bugs when l brought em in...just learnin as l went..

• 10 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, floppy said:

Use a card board box for cuttings, plus a clip on light, cut a small hole between the top flaps & drop in the light, I do it all the time. Box only needs to be big enough to put your prop in.

What type/size light do you use?  Would a heated prop be ok  to use in this (with clone prop above base with e.g. half an egg box - yer box of eggs with top half discrded) ?