thrips

scottishgorilla420

hello i have 4 auto's going at the moment im pretty novice at this and after some resarch ive found out i have a case of thrips in the garden and im not really sure what to do or if my crop is done for. i have a couple of pics so u can se roughly how far along they are as have been taken in last few days but none that shows the problem although im sure its thrips small white(ish) busgs silvery and black spots on leaves large.20200306_113435.jpglarge.20200302_113516.jpg

Edited by Owderb
Moved out of auto flower forum

Hi mate, any close up pics of the leaves or bugs? I can't see the speckling associated with thrips, but my eyesight is fairly turd these days. 

If in doubt, use a broad spectrum insecticide. All the store bought ones work but Bioquant (dutch company that don't really sell in the UK) is organic and has never failed me. 

7 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Hi mate, any close up pics of the leaves or bugs? I can't see the speckling associated with thrips, but my eyesight is fairly turd these days. 

If in doubt, use a broad spectrum insecticide. All the store bought ones work but Bioquant (dutch company that don't really sell in the UK) is organic and has never failed me. 

i dont have a close up pic of the leaves at the moment but i will get one later today 

• Like 1

If is thrips(cant see any thrip damage in pics)Nemasys nematodes can be used to kill eggs/larvae in soil and yellow sticky traps to get the flyers.Any product with spinosad in will kill them but are not allowed to be sold over here.All the other products I tried to get rid of them were useless,they are resillient little buggers!

Edited by j.a.g
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 0:17 PM, j.a.g said:

If is thrips(cant see any thrip damage in pics)Nemasys nematodes can be used to kill eggs/larvae in soil and yellow sticky traps to get the flyers.Any product with spinosad in will kill them but are not allowed to be sold over here.All the other products I tried to get rid of them were useless,they are resillient little buggers!

large.20200309_124120.jpglarge.20200309_124107.jpg

I can see white bugs on the leaves. Is probably thrips but could be whitefly larvae. You can use pyrethrins on them but I would use them sooner rather than later. Thrips don't normally fuck with leaves unless there is a heavy infestation. The plants have started to flower so you want to get on it quick. You'll still get bud even if you don't treat. Don't overwater. Look in the water in the saucers and see if they're jumping around. That's deffo thrips. If they're not, I'd say white fly larvae.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mestizo said:

Thrips don't normally fuck with leaves unless there is a heavy infestation

Yes they do mate. Its where the adult lays the eggs. Right into the tissue of the plants and the pics above are definitely thrips. I think I can even see one

Owd

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Owderb said:

Yes they do mate. Its where the adult lays the eggs. Right into the tissue of the plants and the pics above are definitely thrips. I think I can even see one

Owd

you can deffo see one 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

I can see 6!:nenenenene:...(in top pic)

Can anyone get more than 6? lol

yupp i think the magic number is 6 lol

• Like 3

the real queation is do i spray them wkth being in flower or is it a waste of my effort and money. should i just go chop them today ??? 

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't chop them some mite but id carry on ...

Few options ...You need to kill / remove most of the adults then do something to kill the youngsters  making sure any births don't get to adults...I made a garlic and chillie spray the other day that seem to do the job with adults then chucked in 2 types of mites to eat the youngsters  hatching ...You can just blast them off with plain water or with a little added dish soap but would want to do in the tub or something so the adults get washed away   if use dish soap rinse with plain to prevent burning also not sure how effective mites are In 12/12

You may just get away with removing main infected leaves , inspecting for few mins a day and removing/killing adults   

Plus few other tactics like been metioned  the sticky traps for catching adults and upping the wind if possible will all slow down the production and probs see you through till harvest 

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2020 at 11:21 AM, scottishgorilla420 said:

the real queation is do i spray them wkth being in flower or is it a waste of my effort and money. should i just go chop them today ??? 

How did they turn out I’m in the same boat?