Sonic air humidifer auto top up?

Tommytopper

Has anybody tried to design a auto top up system for a sonic air humidifer ? Mine only lasts about 12-15 hours on half setting !! I was thinking about some small 6mm pipe attached to a pump from a water bucket and a hole drilled into the top of the humidifer ? 

My wife can turn a pump on and off but she struggles to top it up by taking it to bits and filling from the bottom (not the easiest thing to do I must say) and I'm away with work 2/3 days at a time ? 

Any tips or tricks most welcome 

large.image.jpeg

thanks 

u could use an auto top up system meant for a marine aquarium have the pump in a tub of ro water and the water level switch in the humidifier and bobs your uncle ;)

• Like 1

Drill a hole for a 4mm tube through the casing>top of tank (pilot hole!!!). If you go bigger than 4mm you might find it overflowing as the minimum feed time is like 1 min in most cases.    

Get a bigger reservoir, use a crap gravity feed timer and reducer into said 4mm tube to top up every few hours? 

• Like 1

I've come up with this not sure if a 25 litre flexitank will have enough pressure to feed the 4mm pipe ? I can raise it up 4/5 feet will this be high enough ? 

large.image.pnglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

25 litre res

hose pipe reducer connector 4mm

4mm dripper line 

minute gravity fed timer 

4mm grommet to hold dripper line in the top of the humidifer 

It will have enough pressure providing none of the parts you've chosen inhibit pressure/you raise it up enough. Looks like you've sorted it! 

• Like 1

Just now, Nervous said:

It will have enough pressure providing none of the parts you've chosen inhibit pressure/you raise it up enough. Looks like you've sorted it! 

Fingers crossed buddy and thanks for your contribution !!!