Moving from a coco grow traditional to DWC Hydro

Bigm84

So I’ve had half a dozen successful grows in an traditional Coco/Perlite (watered manual)

I think i want to try Deep Water Culture Hydro. 

what kinda setup could I run in 60x60x140 tent 

at the minute I can get 2-3 10l fabric pots.

would I be best with 5gallon bucket setups or like a 6 pots tray etc.. all a bit new for me...

• Like 1

My veg room is 60x60 you will struggle to fit any more then 2 5gallon dwc in there mate. But I think just 1 is plenty in that space. Might be able to fit oxypot xl in there. 70l I think but will take 2 plants or 1 tree.

large.20200101_142816-2656x1494.jpg

That's a 7.5gallon in my 60x60 space couldn't fit another in. I do have 2x 5gallon dwc also and they fit but so so tight I wouldn't want to use them both.

Ebay mate they're only cheapo ones I got 2 for £50 quid I think. Just had to buy another pump and more airstones they came with 1 dual outlet pump and 2 stones for 2 buckets. I use 2 stones in each though. 

Edited by Owderb

I know rockwool is unpopular here, but I thought I would share with you one of the tactics to avoid water temp problems, electric outages, and root rot/Rez issues... 

Basically if you use rockwool croutons, and timers to fully soak. By fully soaking often you don't get pH issues. The small croutons rinse best too. The reason DWC is so appealing is because the amount of AIR that gets to the roots. This method does not compromise that. The croutons hold WAY less water than those big stupid slabs or any block over 3-4inches. 

The method is not for everyone but I'm big believer in max air to roots so wish you luck all the best. I've only ever hand waters but pretty sure my best was them drinking just under a gallon a day. 

I tried Coco but it was the block kind I had to break apart myself, whoops. Then it stayed way to wet for to long for my liking, so I switched back to Rockwool croutons. 

don't ever use coco in dwc, or rockwool, is my advice. 

get yourself some gold label hydroton and enjoy your new found easy life....