noticed cannabis has stopped me swallowing

Hopsarecannabistoo

i dont mean dry mouth, but if im stoned, sometimes its like i dont remember how to swallow, for a few seconds. and ive noticed it happens even when im not stoend but have had had cannabis. anyone else suffer from this?  like il go to get a drink and i cant swallow it, my throat doesnt respond for a few seconds. 

• Like 2

I'm not a medical professional mate only take advice from your gp :yep:

Google it have a read up but I would seek medical advice better safe then sorry.

• Like 4

I had a similar thing, I would awake during the night to get a drink out the tap and was unable to swallow for a second or two with the water in my mouth., half the time I had to spit it out. Turns out I had nose polips which makes your throat swell.

Get yourself to the Gp dude.

• Like 3

Definitely get it checked out there are many reasons why it could happen , I know someone who doesnt smoke who has is due to diverticulitis of the oesophagus, it can lead to choking.    

I sometimes forget how to swallow when I'm tripping balls on mushrooms. 

The more you think about how you swallow the harder it becomes. Very similar situation to making a joint when your tripping. The more you concentrate the harder it seems. 

Don't think about breathing lol

• Like 12

My brother gets that dysphagia and he doesn't smoke weed.

Drinks way too much mind.

It can happen if stomach acid creeps up your esophagus iirc

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I'm a cunt, I love bringing that shit up. There isn't a small enough measure of time to fully assess how crap my short term memory is, I'm over it in seconds!

lollol

Remind me not to trip with you. Me there panicking because I've forgotten how to breath and 2 secs later your like "what's up with you" lol

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

ever suffered from apnea? that’s a party killer right there lollol 

I woke up at a party with everyone looking at me like i was dead, girls crying, mirror being cleaned in the corner whilst people are phoning ambalance  lol 

Happy New YEar! lol 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I sometimes forget how to swallow when I'm tripping balls on mushrooms. 

The more you think about how you swallow the harder it becomes. Very similar situation to making a joint when your tripping. The more you concentrate the harder it seems. 

I had an episode once where I forgot how to walk, the more I tried to focus on walking the more I ended up on the floor crawling. My mates reckoned I was talking guff but it seems I'm not!

• Like 2

I get this quite alot but mine happens more during/after heartburn it happens if I have been smoking or not 

E2a: I can see this on the front page of the mirror soon lol evil cannabis chokes me for no reason lol

Edited by baked bean
E2a
  • Like 2