Variac lowest setting safe?

Asterion

As the title says can I use my variac on its lowest setting? Never even tried it because I'm sure i read it's not safe but could do with reducing the airflow in my tent to raise rh.

it depends on what the lowest setting relates, to as a %age of the output. im fairly sure your fans need a certain amount of airflow through them to prevent the fan motor from overheating.

you could always use a humidifier to raise RH in the tent

• Like 1

I have a little fogger in there at the min but it's not really doing so great plants big enough to not be worried I guess but trying to make up for some lost time lol. Il go grab something bigger in the morning I'm guessing 1st setting will be too low on the variac better safe than sorry. Cheers mate :yep:

@Asterion you've got the STR 5 step controller as think ?  if it is then its perfectly safe to use on the first setting, I think there's been a bit of confusion between the STR's & WAC1 controllers.

• Like 2