Added layer of woodland mulch to big indoor pot and something causing leaf damage

howler01

I started a 100 gallon organic living soil bed last week and I added a layer of mulch which I collected from local woodland. When adding, I found one snail and one slug which I removed. 

It's now been 4 days and I just noticed the damage in these photos. My first thought was more slugs or snails but there are no visible trails on the plants and the damage is mostly near the top. Two plants out of four are damaged and a tiny bit of damage is showing on the third as of last night. 

I will be adding beer traps at the base of each plant before lights-out tonight in the hope I will catch the little critters. Any ideas what could be causing the damage and how to fix? 

large.IMG_9971.jpglarge.IMG_9970.jpg

looks like perhaps the woodland mulch  may of contained  eggs/larve  of something ???

Edited by vortex

1 hour ago, vortex said:

looks like perhaps the woodland mulch  may of contained  eggs/larve  of something ???

For sure. Just dunno what exactly.

Just put some sticky traps up and going hunting for centipedes to add in the hope I can catch them.

• Like 1

Just found this little critter dead on the floor inside my tent. Possibly a Stink Beetle?? Hope there's not too many more!

large.IMG_9978.jpg

Just now, howler01 said:

Nightmare! I hate the little buggers

Made a mess the wee fucker, I didn't find it for a few days - it ate some leaves and fell asleep under a pot. He has since been evicted. 

• Like 2