Help with lights required!

CannaKay

High there, 

Since the start of my grow journey I have been vegging in a stealth cupboard that looks like a cupboard with draws but isn't, I've used t-5 fixtures to get things going and even though I know the light I use is only for the first 2 weeks (2x 17w), I've been using them for years to veg them all the way to the flower room.

It's time to say goodbye to these fixtures and get something proper with a little bit more power. 

The cupboard is 70 cm high 40 cm deep and 60 cm long so if I take the pots and plant height off (35 - 40 cm) I've got 35 to 30 cm of grow space, minus the light. 

The t-5 fixtures can operate on only 5 cm away from the plant without burning them but the power in the light penetration doesn't go that deep down with these 2x 17watt tubes. 

Anybody any suggestions on what type of light I can add that has a better reach with a little more power without burning my baby's in this restricted space? 

Second on the @diyleduk:yep:

Last year I had to temporarily downsize my grow space..meant a much smaller veg area so instead of frying the young uns under 250w of halide or starving them of light with a CFL.. I borrowed an led unit from a mate (he used for indoor herbs and veg) think it was 75/100w. Plant growth was leagues above t5's and cfls ive used in the past and much safer than the halide in the small space.