May have messed up my soil mix and wondering how to fix

howler01

18 hours ago, howler01 said:

Elixir Gardens stuff off ebay which seemed ok but no idea where I'm going to get 100 litres of proper good quality stuff now.

elixir are good but for larger amounts of ewc try ians fishing tackle....I've bought over 2000ltrs from him and its where most other suppliers seem to get their stuff from:yep:

• Like 3

I tried some plagron light mix for potting on as I had some and literally everything I put in it turned into a basket case. Don't know about their worm castings but I'd stick to worm castings from a decent worm farm not from someone canna specific. They're always dry as a bone and fuck knows what the worms where processing rather than nice juicy castings full of worms and cocoons from worms living in composted manure or similar. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sargares said:

I tried some plagron light mix for potting on as I had some and literally everything I put in it turned into a basket case. Don't know about their worm castings but I'd stick to worm castings from a decent worm farm not from someone canna specific. They're always dry as a bone and fuck knows what the worms where processing rather than nice juicy castings full of worms and cocoons from worms living in composted manure or similar. 

Well said mate - as I said I brought a bag and it went straight in the bin. There is no shortcuts especially in the growing industry. I am sure Plagron have a range of bottled nutes to supplement their media ;) 

4 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

Well said mate - as I said I brought a bag and it went straight in the bin. There is no shortcuts especially in the growing industry. I am sure Plagron have a range of bottled nutes to supplement their media ;) 

Yeh. And at the end youve spent a fortune to produce a load of hairy, weird looking, odourless junk. 

I don't know what the fuck they could possibly do to remedy that shite mix though.... It performed worse than coco which I wasn't even fucking feeding at all! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sargares said:

It performed worse than coco which I wasn't even fucking feeding at all! 

LMAO lollollollollol 

Edited by InTheSystem

• 1 year later...
On 22/01/2020 at 8:56 AM, buddy13 said:

elixir are good but for larger amounts of ewc try ians fishing tackle....I've bought over 2000ltrs from him and its where most other suppliers seem to get their stuff from:yep:

I know I'm late but for future reference

Willyworms.co.uk are the cheapest vermicompost I've found and great quality

20 litres for £10

• Like 1

Depends how much you're after elixir is only 18 quid for 40 litres. 

I've had the best results mixing 50/50 ewc and leaf mould for the compost portion of my mixes.

• Like 2

ians seem to have stopped selling direct...i think they exclusively supply elixir now, still good value but nowhere near as good as the direct bulk order....

• Like 3