》》》Sweet Seeds® Chef Award 【2020 Edition】

Sweet Seeds Apolo

39.png 

Sweet Seeds® Chef Award
2020 EDITION

Hummmmm! Smells good! Smells like something very sweet in here...
Oh yeah! It’s the smell of the new sub-contest from the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, the contest that awards the three best cannabic chefs, making us drool as dogs in front of a butcher’s.
Get your cooking utensils ready and all your favourite ingredients because the time has come for you too cook your best recipes for the delight of all the spectators.
Hands in the dough!

How to Participate and Contest Rules

1. How to participate:

1.1 - You have to be a registered user in at least one of the forums taking part in the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, having read and accepted the rules of the same contest. Obviously, the participant has to comply with all the rules of registration and use of the forum in which he/she is participating, accepted at the time of the registration;

1.2 - For a valid participation, you must be a participant in the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, with a grow diary on the way. It is not mandatory, but it is recommended that the recipe is shared within the same diary (thread) with which you are participating in the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition;

1.3 Mechanics

1.3.1 - Publish a post with a cannabic recipe made with one or more Sweet Seeds® strains, in this thread;
1.3.2 - The recipe must have a title, including the name of the strain(s) used;
1.3.3 – It must include graphic/audiovisual material, showing the preparation process and the final result.
1.3.4 – It must include all the information possible, showing the different steps that should be followed, the amounts of each ingredient, etc.

1.4 - Recipes made from plants that are not featured in the Sweet Seeds® 2019 or 2020 catalog will not be considered valid;

1.5 - The time frame for the publication of the recipes is between the 15th of January and the 15th of February 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (according to the UTC time zone, London);

1.6 - Commercial mods, as well as forum users who have some kind of professional relationship with Sweet Seeds® or any other seed company advertising at UK420, cannot participate in this competition. Non-commercial mods can participate, as well as other forum users or mods with a direct relationship with companies in the cannabis industry that are not seed banks.

2. Contest Rules:

2.1 - We ask all participants to upload their recipes directly in the forum in which they are participating. We give preference to photos uploaded to the forum;

2.2 - Participants can upload the videos on the following platforms: Youtube and/or Vimeo. Only the content included in the recipe post will be valued;

2.3 - The style of publication of the recipe is free. We accept text and photos or text and video;

2.4 - Each participant can only participate with 1 recipe. If 1 participant publishes 2 or more recipes, we only consider the first one published as valid;

2.5 - The photos and/or video used must be original and of the authorship of the participant. The use of non-original photos and/or videos, of the authorship of another person, when detected, will result in the removal of the user permanently from this sub-contest, automatically and without prior notice. In addition, a report will be sent to the attention of the forum administration for them to decide whether any additional action should be taken;

2.6 - Sweet Seeds® reserves the right to use photos and videos shared in this contest for advertising campaigns, magazine articles, catalogs, Sweet Seeds® websites, publications on Sweet Seeds® Facebook (rigorously respecting the anonymity of the author), Twitter, Instagram, etc. However, the authors of the photos and videos can continue to use them for other purposes because they remain their property, so they will continue to have equal rights over them;

2.7 - This contest is divided into 4 threads with shared prizes. The other threads are in the ICMag.com, EnJoin.info and ForumSweetSeeds.com. This means that the best recipe of the four forums wins 1st Prize, the 2nd best wins 2nd Prize, etc. So the winner of this edition may not be a user of UK420.com;

2.8 - The contest is administered and regulated based on the most basic principles of fraternity and fair play. Any disrespect, offense or attempt to discredit or defame the contest will leave the prevaricator out of the contest and at risk of administrative sanction.

2.9 - In case of any correction of errata or another cause, Sweet Seeds® reserves the right to modify the bases of this contest.

3. Choosing the Winners:

3.1 - Between the 15th and the 19th of February 2020, the Sweet Seeds® jury (composed of a minimum of 4 people) will choose the winners through an internal voting. Each member of the jury will vote with 10 points their favorite recipe, with 7 points the 2nd, with 5 points the 3rd, with 3 points the 4th and with 2 points the 5th;

3.2 - The points will be added to obtain the winners and the results will be published between the 20th and the 25th of February 2020, at which time the winner will be announced based on the vote, in a thread specifically created for this purpose;

3.3 - Each judge attributes the points according to their subjective evaluation of the recipes published in this thread. In the evaluation of the recipes the jury will based the voting criteria on: quality of the photographs/videos, quality of the text, beauty of the final result, creativity, originality of the recipe, how appealing it is, etc.;

3.4 - The winners will be chosen from the participating forums: ICMag.com, UK420.com, EnJoin.info and ForumSweetSeeds.com;

3.5 - Any winner with the main participation in ForumSweetSeeds, will have the prize points multiplied by x1.2 (example: for a prize of 100 points, it upgrades to 120 points), as indicated in the contest rules;

3.6 - Any grower who shares a grow diary simultaneously in this forum and in ForumSweetSeeds, must inform us that the main participation is in ForumSweetSeeds or else we will consider the main participation in the forum where the grow diary was first started;

3.7 - If a participant only informs about the main participation in ForumSweetSeeds after the points are awarded, the points do not multiply and will remain as before. Once the points are attributed, they cannot be changed at any time under any circumstances.

4. Shipping the Prizes:

4.1 - Sweet Seeds® asume la responsabilidad de proceder al envío de los premios dentro de los pazos referidos en las Bases del Concurso publicadas en el hilo de presentación del 6º Concurso de Seguimientos de Sweet Seeds®.

4.1 - Sweet Seeds® assumes the responsibility of sending the prizes within the deadlines referred to in the main Contest Rules published in the presentation thread of the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition.

5. Validation of Participation:

5.1 - All users of the forum who publish the required content to participate in this sub-contest automatically assume the reading and acceptance of the "Participation Instructions and Contest Rules" or the main competition.

.:PRIZES:.

118.png 

100 Sweet Seeds® Points

119.png 

50 Sweet Seeds® Points

120.png 

30 Sweet Seeds® Points

:v:

21.png 

Edited by Sweet Seeds Apolo
  • Like 8

Great stuff, but the deadline is in a month!  How am i supposed to make cannabutter, when i just started flowering the current comp grow? :unsure:

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 6

Will there be another chef award towards the end of the grow competition as majority of us are only days/weeks in from starting? I love cooking with cannabis so would be bang up for having a bash at this it's a really cool/fun idea :) 

• Like 6

Luckily I have a nice amount of cream caramel cbd coconut oil left, so I'm going to crack on with ideas. Can we use premade oil or do we have to show the making of? Because I may be f'd. 

• Like 7

I'm going to do a basic show n tell on creating clarified cannabis ghee.

Sweet cheese, green poison or gorilla girl.

First attempt so keeping it simple ;)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

Cheers mates!

This is an independent contest, you don't have to participate in the case that you don't wish to or that you have not possibilities to. Not taking part in this "sub-contest" does not affect in any way the overall participation in the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition. It is optional, so for the ones who have manicuring "leftovers" from previous grows and like to use them for cooking recipes, you're very welcome to participate. And for the growers who do not have manicuring "leftovers" at this moment and/or don't want to participate, it's all good anyway ;)

That's why the prizes for this award make up to only 1% of the total prizes of the main competition. It's just for a bit of entertainment. So, if you're not sharing a recipe, you're still invited to watch the recipes shared by the other growers.

On a different note, any grower who publishes a recipe in the growdiary thread after harvest (until the 19th of May), it enriches the growdiary and will have a positive impact in the jury evaluation. But that is also optional, just like publishing extractions, different growing techniques, etc. Virtually one can enrich a diary with hundreds of features. I remember when I won the 1st Edition of this competition, after harvest and smoke/strain reports, I shared a recipe for cannabic olive oil, I shared extractions with bubble bags, I shared some info and photos about pipe smoking with a magnifier and solar light, etc.

Also, we usually appreciate any original feature in the grow diaries and most likely they can help to improve our final evaluations. Basically, if you play with your plants in original ways, with some of our merchandising, our logo, sharing tutorials for alternative techniques, etc, it can make a big difference in the final evaluation. Sometimes people refrain from doing this as they think it might seem stupid, but usually it's the opposite, it can make a grow diary even more interesting.

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Less than 3 days to finish. There are currently no recipes submitted, so whoever participates is sure to win. :lucky:

Good luck!

Sweet smokes,
-Apolo

• Like 3

Hi guys! 

Less than 24 hours left! 

Currently there is only one shared recipe... <_<

And... Everyone still has a chance to win one of the prizes.:headbang:

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 3

Apologies, just did not find the time to work on this.

New job, lots of travel, the cats been ill and cost me £1300 this week.  Life, sometimes it's with you, other times it isn't....

I will get around to it just out of principle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Apologies, just did not find the time to work on this.

New job, lots of travel, the cats been ill and cost me £1300 this week.  Life, sometimes it's with you, other times it isn't....

I will get around to it just out of principle.

Don't worry, personal issues are more important than a contest.
Important thing is your life and what surrounds it. There'll be time to worry about the rest later.   :v:

I hope your kittens recover. :lucky:

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Don't worry, personal issues are more important than a contest.
Important thing is your life and what surrounds it. There'll be time to worry about the rest later.   :v:

I hope your kittens recover. :lucky:

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

Thanks, its just a disappointment to make a public comment and then not follow through.

Life is good, just the cat, our substitute child, got ill.  He is fine now, on lots of medication and different, more expensive food.   Next time around I want to come back as a well looked after cat, easy street :)

• Like 3