Alternatives, DIY options to fabric beds

Nervous

Bertha (my 9 year old) has just split in half. There's mess everywhere. I'm inconsolable. All the years I've looked after her and it's come to this :blub: 

So I'm looking for something better than a fabric pot (that's still breathable) to hold my no till inside a tent as they tend to expire too quickly relatively speaking. I would much prefer to be able to buy something but I am no stranger to DIY.

Any suggestions for something around 60x60?   

Edited by Nervous

Is it the actual Smart Pot out of curiosity? I have several and not had a problem on outdoor grows through winters. I know they prefer 'Geopots' in the states but never had a reason to try anything else. I tried an Amazon knock off once and it started falling to bits on the 2nd run lol  

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1

@InTheSystem I couldn't tell you what brand it was due to it being that long ago, don't think it was anything special given that I didn't see the bed lasting this long! 

@twigs Not a bad shout, they must be pretty durable. Breathability though? 

• Like 1

they’re not completely water tight but nothing a skewer could not solve..

ikea bags, the blue one with long/short handles look to be good too

• Like 1

shit luck dude:shock:

some friends have used a box frame made from 2x2 and put the fabric pot inside; takes some of the strain/weight off the pot.....:unsure:

• Like 1

Just found the next object of my desire. Oui oui... BACSAC

One of the raised beds on there would be perfect but sadly even if it survives a nuclear holocaust I'm not paying 110 quid for it lol 

• Like 1