Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade

Degsy

14 hours ago, Hir said:

If you are going to use it download O&O Shut Down 10 a free app that means you can get some control. 

Thanks for that, I've just downloaded it and there's a whole raft of things in there which need switching off. I've just used the recommended setting for now.

:smoke: 

• Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 10:06 AM, j.o.i.n.t said:

@Seasick Steve

I'm back /home (linux), but before I sacked off windows I came across this guide you, or others, might be interested in.

https://www.howtogeek.com/348699/how-to-see-what-data-windows-10-is-sending-to-microsoft/

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at that. I've still got Win7 running on the laptop and a second hard drive which I've been using to install Win10 onto, so i can play around with it before i fully commit. To be fair i quite like how it works :bag:

:smoke:

• Like 2

On 24/01/2020 at 3:44 PM, Seasick Steve said:

To be fair i quite like how it works

must admit, despite a few software specific teething problems (which isn’t really a windows 10 issue) i quite like it. 

once you get rid of all teh data sniffing stuff it’s pretty quick and easy to flick around between apps, find what i want efficiently.

i like the screen snapshot tool as i often send screen shots to support people when working on the website.. i also like the multiple clipboard to copy and paste more than one item. the start menu is now a collection of the software i use every day. Even put web shortcuts in there to supplier sites etc.. all nice and simple - click and drag.

on windows 7 my network adaptor took at least a minute to connect.. updating seems to have fixed that.

i lost my network drive mapping - though the network shares I’d setup were still there (just not the ones with custom drive letters). A few issues with out networked quoting software - so if you’re in trade and use any quoting apps over a network, do a trial run. Win 10 syncs network content which was causing chaos with the database on the server.. had to run a patch to sort that out.