Dinafem Auto Cookies under DIYLEDUK 550 PAR+

cloudy days

On 09/03/2020 at 1:05 PM, cloudy days said:

For my first go with LEDs and Autoflowering strains, I'm really pleased with the numbers, and to top it off I know I can do better in future.

For your first grow under new lighting you smashed it mate :yep:

Can't wait to see what you can do when you get this tech dialed in  ;)

Enjoy your harvest buddy  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark...

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Smoke Report

It's been a while :bong: and I've squeezed in another grow since this ... but these guys have had a cure and now is time to give them a go and report in.

69 day Dinafem Auto Cookie bud

First up the the Auto Cookie I chopped a little early at 69 (nice) days.

Crushing some bud in my fingers, there's an initial smell of pine needles.  When I bung it in the grinder, the smell is more a sweet fruity smell, lightly pineapple maybe.

On the smoke, the cure has made it very smooth and quite light tasting.  There's still a slight fruity flavour to go along with the smell and some burnt sugar sweetness.

The stone is quite buzzy and smiley.  Not a couchlock bud (I have recently been smoking some Creme Caramel that is much more slow down style) you can be buzzing on this and still manage to bumble around and get shit done.  It makes it quite more-ish and I can see myself smoking more of it as I watch the cricket this afternoon :)

I will post up about the other ones in due course.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@cloudy days Thanks for ending the diary with a smoke report mate  :yep:

By the sound of things you enjoyed our Auto Cookies  ;)

If you grew her again what would you do different?

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 8:31 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@cloudy days Thanks for ending the diary with a smoke report mate  :yep:

By the sound of things you enjoyed our Auto Cookies  ;)

If you grew her again what would you do different?

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark The one that went a few extra days was better and the Critical + is something very different again.  I've done another grow since this one and I think what I've learned is to be more aggressive than I was here with the lights early on when growing autos and less aggressive when they are bigger.  400W total is plenty for this area.  With the other Auto Cookies going nearly an extra week, they were a better smoke, so a little more time would be given.

Overall though I am ridiculously pleased with the yields I've managed under these LEDs, I think that I could potentially drop to one grow a year and either go for a photoperiod strain (I still have a batch of Critical + photo beans) or maybe something like an Amnesia Auto XXL.  

• Like 3

@cloudy days if you've got the head room then I'd definitely consider the XXL range mate :yep:

What's up next mate?

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@cloudy days if you've got the head room then I'd definitely consider the XXL range mate :yep:

What's up next mate?

Mark..

Looks like a house move is on the cards so I'll wait to see what that brings.  I fully expect to have the same setup running once we're in and as I never hit height problems with any of the autos in the 2 grows I've done, some Amnesia XXL may be on the cards.  Probably be early next year to get running.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2020 at 1:40 PM, cloudy days said:

Looks like a house move is on the cards so I'll wait to see what that brings.

Good luck with the move mate :yep:

We did it last year. Never again lol

Mark..

• Like 2