Been Growing Outdoor in South Spain now moving to a UK polytunnel

xxmissxx

So I have been a Lucky girl * I have grown for years Outdoors in the beautiful hot South of Spain

but now I am moving to the UK

and have a giant polytunnel in my garden

but no experience yet of how to grow in polytunnels..................... Last year my bf had good results with some semi autos a friend had bred..... 

I did put a couple Green Poisons in there and they did well - with a couple patches of mold

So season 2020 will be looking for autos and semi autos and a few "fast versions" like my sweet seeds Green Poison

I loved growing the S.A.D sweet afghani delicious outdoor in Spain and now they have the "fast version" of that I would like to try

So I will grow some Photoperiod Plants Outside in the Garden and I guess fill the Poly with AUTOS

Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated from you guys

Coz dude! This is a whole NEW enviroment

xxmissxx

• Like 10

want to swop places, il have your old one in spain, for my gaf in brum. lol 

growing in a poytunnel, will give you a litte more control of your enviroment, as over here as you know, we have lots of rainfall, and mold issues are very common, but if you can hook up a circulating fan into your ploytunnel , to make a wind tunnel through the pollytunnel, so the plants are swaying in the breeze. you will get a nice crop mold free, you need the doors open in the tunnel like, and allso find a way to anchour the pollytunnel to the ground, as we get real high winds in the fall. ive seen a few blow away before that friends had and never took my advice. 

for genetics you want something from real gorilla seed co, RGSC, they have a section on here under the breeders section. there affidaze is a good one, so is there fire99 my fave so far are the fire99, and there zkittzo,  its a real pineapple fruit zkittles variety, that oozes quality. and is ready in 8 weeks 12/12. 

there lemonade og auto's are very high yielding autos, big bushy girls with big long sativa like buds, that smell and taste great. also there auto tangie is very nice, all these seeds will do great in a pollytunnel over here, though you could run a darkening sheet over the tunnel the same time every day, and uncover in the mornings, that way you can flower during the summer when the sun is stronger and is out more. doing this you can also flower long flowering sativas/ land races to full ripeness, and have a souring high all summer long. :smokin:

• Like 11

I'm not 100% sure on that one i believe semi autos can flower without specific light conditions. Where as the fast versions just flower quicker when it comes that time.

Once again I am.literally going off what I believe so not factual 

Chances are they are the same thing lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HippyHair said:

Is semi auto just another name for fast version?

No they are not the same , semi automatic are hard to keep in vegetive stage and will flower under less than 20hrs light cycle, Fast version is just a photo period plant crossed  to an automatic plant to try speed up the flowering a week or so .. but you can keep them in veg as mothers .. 

semi’s will mostly go into flower in August after a bit of veg and reach maturity, causing them to finish up early, end September beginning October 

Edited by panik
  • Like 8

Great Idea Xx good luck with it.

On the practicle side of pt's any know if theres and point putting anti weed membrane down and a mozzie net on the door? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skidmarx said:

any know if theres and point putting anti weed membrane

i would be planting in the ground, watering weed in pots when they get big in the summer will be hard work

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 2:23 AM, smokie1 b c f c said:

want to swop places, il have your old one in spain, for my gaf in brum. lol 

growing in a poytunnel, will give you a litte more control of your enviroment, as over here as you know, we have lots of rainfall, and mold issues are very common, but if you can hook up a circulating fan into your ploytunnel , to make a wind tunnel through the pollytunnel, so the plants are swaying in the breeze. you will get a nice crop mold free, you need the doors open in the tunnel like, and allso find a way to anchour the pollytunnel to the ground, as we get real high winds in the fall. ive seen a few blow away before that friends had and never took my advice. 

for genetics you want something from real gorilla seed co, RGSC, they have a section on here under the breeders section. there affidaze is a good one, so is there fire99 my fave so far are the fire99, and there zkittzo,  its a real pineapple fruit zkittles variety, that oozes quality. and is ready in 8 weeks 12/12. 

there lemonade og auto's are very high yielding autos, big bushy girls with big long sativa like buds, that smell and taste great. also there auto tangie is very nice, all these seeds will do great in a pollytunnel over here, though you could run a darkening sheet over the tunnel the same time every day, and uncover in the mornings, that way you can flower during the summer when the sun is stronger and is out more. doing this you can also flower long flowering sativas/ land races to full ripeness, and have a souring high all summer long. :smokin:

:D thanxxxx this is very helpful! So Im gathering that WIND is a MUST... This polytunnel is HUGE its 14ft wide by 54ft long and has been in that spot for aprox 5 years... I have noticed also that it IS well positioned and the DOORS Have FALLEN OFF so there is Definitely plenty of air flow... I was going to put the doors back up but that now sounds like a very bad idea.... So I can leave those OFF ... Would there be FANS that are BIG ENUFFFF for a tunnel that size?? ... I Love the look of Gorilla SEEDS these are definitely my kind of Girls so will be getting plenty of these pretty ladies.... What about the CLEANING of the tunnel? That should also make a big difference right? And what is reccommended to CLEAN with? White Vinegar? Bleach? ;) xxxmissxxx

• Like 3

14 by 54 foot is a big tunnel, could fit a shitload of autos in there and have crop in by july. :yep: 

as for cleaning it out, a light bleach and water mix should do the trick. as for fans in a tunnel size that big, youd be pissing in the wind. unless you got a big inline fan like they use in american pollytunnels. i wish you all the best in your grow adventure. allso in tunnel that size it would smell, unless filtered so unless you are well away from neihbours then if so plod on. :smokin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2019 at 0:35 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

14 by 54 foot is a big tunnel, could fit a shitload of autos in there and have crop in by july. :yep: 

as for cleaning it out, a light bleach and water mix should do the trick. as for fans in a tunnel size that big, youd be pissing in the wind. unless you got a big inline fan like they use in american pollytunnels. i wish you all the best in your grow adventure. allso in tunnel that size it would smell, unless filtered so unless you are well away from neihbours then if so plod on. :smokin:

Okay bleach it is! Yes am not near any neighbours..... Thankfully..... Will defo fill with autos and look forward to delicious harvest in july!!! Yum!!!!! 

And keep my fast version ladies Outdoors 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

2020 season went okay!But I got EVERYTHING wrong!!! I didn't realize the plants would grow so HUGE ... I guess UK plants reach for the light unlike South Spain plants! Doh! I could not control airflow at all - too many plants in there - all huge - they smooshed themselves into the top of the polytunnel where all the condensation is... Doh! BUT the beauty of getting everything WRONG is now I do know What-Not-To-Do hahahaha Wish me luck on this 2021 guys!

2021 plan; autos in first (real gorilla Gsc, bluetooth, mazar, amnesia) (attitude seeds pick n mix)

Train the photoperiods in pots. I might Mainline them or simply top 6 times for 64 colas (as I did in Spain) 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

• Like 6

I feed my autos the same as my photos - but I'm no expert! Got a decent crop indoors last year from my first indoor harvest of autos though :)

• Like 1