Industrial plant in nft

trichomehi

So time to start another dinafem industrial plant, i have the same strain running at the moment but in a iws flood and drain and under hps lights, those plants are very vigorous and already showing signs of heavy flowering, so I'm going to try them in an nft system and try them under an led lighting system.. I'm using the 2 smallest nft tanks 1 plant in each growing in a 1x1x2m tent, par+ 550watt led from site sponser.

2 seeds germinated and placed in cubes at the moment there under a 250watt cfl, led goes in tomorrow. Both seeds took about 3 days to fully germinate, both have become settled and will go into system in the next 5 days.. it's also my first experience with led's so all advice is gratefully received....

• Like 6

You got one of the l. E. Ds then bud! Happy days I will be watching this closely. What is a nft system tric? I'm being a bit lazy not googling it lol. 

A gram per watt should see you around 20 oz from this tent :george:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leafneck said:

You got one of the l. E. Ds then bud! Happy days I will be watching this closely. What is a nft system tric? I'm being a bit lazy not googling it lol. 

Nutrient film technique, basically a film of solution is passed over the roots, whenever you see big commercial greenhouse grows on tv tomatoes etc they generally use nft, the main disadvantage is that the plants dont grow in a substrate so there is go leniency if the pump stops, within an hour under high intensity lights those plants are going to be suffering, the other the plants root system has no way of supporting the plant so they will need support. I've got bored growing with flood and drain, I'll see what i can get out of this system...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leafneck said:

You can't say @diyledukled's are "improvised", (lol) to be fair there very well put together units everything is neat and tidy, drilled holes have been deburred etc good attention to detail, the effort is much appreciated..

• Like 4

Good luck with your 1st led grow and thanks for your support.

Deffo go easy on the led in a 1m x 1m. You shouldn't need to go above 400w total. Im sure you will get it dialed in when you PAR meter arrives but plug in wattmeters are handy for checking the wattage.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, trichomehi said:

I've got bored growing with flood and drain, I'll see what i can get out of this system...

Funnily enough I'm going the other way - I love the huge growth and minimal media that goes with nft but as I'm limited in size (80x60) I thought small pots with drippers would allow me cut veg time and run multiple strains per grow...

Last grow was impressive so I'm gonna pull up a pew and see how this gets on in nft - best of luck bud :yep:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ranec said:

Funnily enough I'm going the other way - I love the huge growth and minimal media that goes with nft but as I'm limited in size (80x60) I thought small pots with drippers would allow me cut veg time and run multiple strains per grow...

Last grow was impressive so I'm gonna pull up a pew and see how this gets on in nft - best of luck bud :yep:

I used to grow in coco with low pressure drippers, basically with the same idea small 11lt buckets quick turn around multiple strains but i never got what i thought was a spot on crop, much better results when i grew the same strains.

• Like 4

Multiple strain runs would always be compromised yeild wise as they'd all be fed from the same res, but it should lend itself to pollen chucking quite nicely ;)

I've only got about 1.2m of usable grow height so I'm planning to mum a seedling and take cuts so I can run a mini sog using clay pebbles in small air pots

• Like 2

On 07/12/2019 at 11:13 AM, diyleduk said:

Im sure you will get it dialed in when you PAR meter arrives but plug in wattmeters are handy for checking the wattage.

I 100% agree ;)

If your running an LED with a "dimmable" feature I would recommended purchasing a wattage meter or kill-o-watt meter as I've seen a few growers running LED at 1/4th power through most of the grow.  They only found out the light was dimmed very later in the Grow  ;)

For £10-£15 It's a worthy investment  :yep:

@trichomehi Best of luck with our Industrial Plant mate :yep:

Let's see what you can do  :headbang:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

Plants have gone into system, led light has been installed. Feed regime is cf:1.0 ph:6.0

Comparison data comparing cfl and led... cfl at 13"  112umols pulling 112 watts.... led at 21" 147umols pulling 50 watts (using apogee mq-500), interestingly there is a 50% drop off par at the very edges of the tent, i was expecting a lot more. 

photos...

large.5df24b1bbe10f_industrialplant1.jpglarge.5df24b199b2fd_industrialplant.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, trichomehi said:

Plants have gone into system, led light has been installed. Feed regime is cf:1.0 ph:6.0

Comparison data comparing cfl and led... cfl at 13"  112umols pulling 112 watts.... led at 21" 147umols pulling 50 watts (using apogee mq-500), interestingly there is a 50% drop off par at the very edges of the tent, i was expecting a lot more. 

photos...

large.5df24b1bbe10f_industrialplant1.jpglarge.5df24b199b2fd_industrialplant.jpg

Looking good as they enter the system mate ;)

Time for some explosive growth  :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, trichomehi said:

going into week 2

Turned up the light to 62 watts the par footprint per plant is 212/220 umols still at 21"

large.5dfa2c88cafef_industrialplantnft.jpg

How are things going since your last update mate? 

I hope all is well as we enter 2020 :yep:

I'll catch you on the next update buddy :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

28 days and its time to flip..

Led light has been turned to max its at 380mm (15") 270 watts par footprint 900umols at canopy height.

large.20200107_122608-2016x1512.jpglarge.20200107_122546-2016x1512.jpg

• Like 4