Dutchpro starter kit

Lin_Babba

1 hour ago, Lin_Babba said:

What is the ideal temp and humidity I should be aiming for?

Does it matter that at this time of year the temp is at a 33c high during lights on and drops to 13c lights off? 

when should I be changing from 250 to 400 to 600 watts on my lighting?

Humidity don't matter too much 50-70 ideal in veg but no panic if it's less. Aim for below 50 in flower to help against budrot.

33c on 13c off is really bad you need to fix this. Aim for around 25° on 20° off. Light don't turn that fucker up until your temps are better lol I use 250/400 For veg and then 600 for flower though.

As a farly new grower, i remember having similar question to the OP.

Watering- every 48 hours for me, i have got used to lifting the pot, so i now know when the soil is dry by the weight of the pot, avg every 48 hours for me.

Amount of water-  just water until you get some run off from bottom of the pot.

Use nutrients in every watering,

If you in a hard water area, you rarely need to use a cal-mag supplement

Nutes- start off at 1/2 strength of the recommended dose, and your plants will tell you if the need more (they will start to look hungry after a few feeds if you dont use enough)

Lights- going by your temps, i will guess you are using 600w HPS? if so i would say about 2ft (600mm) above canopy. Or place your hand over highest part of plant, hold it there for 10 secs, if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for the flower.

Temps- the difference is way too much as said above you need to fix this asap, Can you get an air cooled reflector? this will help with your high temps (but you will need an extra fan and ducting and will have to vent outside of grow area)

Lowest temps, if this is indoors, put radiators on at lights off or if outside, you need to get a heater for your grow area.

Or reverse your light schedule, ie. do lights on at night time (will help with max and min temps)

edit.

Btw you asked about turning up your lighting eg. 250w, 400w, 600w

I hope you realise if you are just running 1 600w bulb, but have it turned down to 250w is bad? the 250w setting is designed for a 250w bulb, 400w=400w bulb and 600w=600w bulb, you are supposed to change the bulb for the right setting. Running a 600w bulb at 250w will affect the light spectrum the bulb puts out and may even run the bulb hotter as its not designed to run at this setting.

Edited by Subutai

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I didn’t know about the bulb rating. That was something I must have mis heard!

my question about watering/feeding was more about when should I be doing it - an hour before lights on or at the beginning of lights off?

I’ve got the cycle going lights on overnight as I realised that would be the best way in the current weather (winter). The grow is in an out building which is separate to the house, no heating but has power. Would heat mats be an option?

theres a lot of improvements I’ll be making off the back of the advice given here. 

thanks again