Balanced CBD strains

skidmarx

Another vote here for Dinafem Critical Mass CBD. Very, very tasty when it's been in the jars for a while. It gives a nice high that is not overpowering It's my favourite every-day smoke. I understand that this was a collaboration with CBD Crew. I'm currently growing CBD Crew Girl Scout Cookies CBD, which I'm very much looking forward to.  If I manage to get it to the end, that is, which is another story...

• Like 1

Grown Dinefam OG Kush CBD and their Cheese CBD. Both very tasty and give an excellent balanced non paranoid inducing hit. I also grew Purple Orange CBD but didn't really enjoy it. I still have a full jar of it. To be fair it smells nice but the hit was neither here nor there. 

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, StevieRays said:

Pennywise is an awesome 1:1 strain

Any bother getting pennywise seeds? It's one that sounded appealing to me too but haven't seen any diaries of it online

Guest Default Attribute

Not sure about these days but i got mine a few years back when they first came out but only just got round to growing some recently

I've run a handful of CBD Varieties , mostly from Shanti and CBD crew. CBD Shark  , CBD Skunk Haze and Z7 "The Remedy" . Juanita Lalagrimosa from Reggae seeds. The Z7 was tested twice on an Alpha Cat  kit , five years apart . Came back the same both times , 12--15% CBD and 3-5% THC . I've kept that Z7 for a few years now , works too good for me  on pain and muscle stiffness to get rid of her. When I look at CBD again I will go back to one of the Foundations of the CBD movement which is Cannatonic by resin seeds , Cannatonic comes from Juanita lalal grimosa , but more worked and stabilised it seems . 

• Like 1

@StevieRays, how are you doing man ? :cowboy:

He was raided in Arizona . Seems the filth took everything and he's going to trial. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/dnuday/sub_cool_raided_sherrifs_sieze_everything/

I think this is related as it was posted and disgust in his live chat on YouTube . I find it hard to watch him to be honest. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriffs-raid-drug-house-producing-marijuana-infused-cheetos/story?id=65706362

Hes very egotistical and it seems that may have been his downfall. 

Guest Default Attribute

Doing well mate, how about you? 

Thats crazy man, I can't stomach his personality these days either but sad to see him get fucked like that

Popped the last of my querkle seeds last year and just had to get rid of the mother a few weeks back, devastating. Still got a few packs of old TGA gear might run them next when i set my room back up

Edited by StevieRays

Pennywise seeds listed as in stock...The london seed center...Simply souviners...discount seed center...herbies.

But dont get excited till they've checked their stock. I learned that with subcools cuvee.

(I can vouch for 1st two sellers)

• Like 1
21 hours ago, StevieRays said:

Doing well mate, how about you? 

Thats crazy man, I can't stomach his personality these days either but sad to see him get fucked like that

Popped the last of my querkle seeds last year and just had to get rid of the mother a few weeks back, devastating. Still got a few packs of old TGA gear might run them next when i set my room back up

All good here too, thanks man . At this time of a Year I'm always just looking forward to March/ the start of spring. Unusually warm weather ATM , I'm not complaining just feels weird it's so mild. 

Sorry to read about your Querkle mum, always a Shit buzz when you lose a plant that's special to you. How was the Pennywise when you ran it ? If I was to run any of his seeds again  ,  I would give the Kaffir Lime a bash . 

Take care Stevie,

Al :yinyang:

Guest Default Attribute

Thanks man, the mother situation was unavoidable tbh, had to take everything down until after summer while some jobs get done but was hoping I would be able to get more beans, got plenty more nice stuff to be cracking on with though.

I love the pennywise, was piss easy to grow and a solid yield, smelled like the JTR with a real nice body and head buzz but none of the mental fog I get from thc sometimes. the only other cbd plants I have ran are nordle and cannatonic and this definitely feels stronger than those although I have only tried one random cannatoic pheno

Really been needing a break from high thc stuff all the time so this fits nicely, only got 2 beans left so i'm praying for a female to keep when I pop them!

Take care Al bro 

Edited by StevieRays
  • 7 months later...

Necro-thread, a little. But I am a recent convert to CBD after developing THC intolerance, anxiety, insomnia and depression after being a daily stoner for a few decades. This week gone, I cropped my first 1:1 strains - Seedsman Cream & Cheese CBD and Seedsman Critical Mass CBD. They are drying currently (or should I say cooking?!), so no proper vape report due for some time. Curiously, the Critical Mass CBD didn't seem to be affected by budrot, which affected the Cream & Cheese and the OGKZ I am running alongside. Worth noting I thought. Looks like a decent yielder, but maybe the buds are just not giving the right microclimate for botrytis due to the structure:

Critical Mass CBD (overfed!)

large.DSC02872-edit.jpg

Cream & Cheese CBD

large.DSC02871-edit.jpg

I also tried my first high CBD hemp flowers and hash ordered online, which is very interesting. Tastes great, but the effects... I feel a little 'whoosh' after vaping and then my anxiety eases and I start to smile. This lasts a few seconds/minutes and then I get my focus. I medicated while working the other day, something I haven't done for some time and I found myself getting absorbed in my work rather than getting distracted and then getting annoyed at myself and going off on mental tangents and beating myself up. I have been daytime dosing with the high CBD stuff since and I noticed this evening that I barely felt a tickle of mental health issues, long may that last! I am quite looking forward to experimenting with ratios etc but I can well imagine myself growing some 90%+ CBD strains in the future too. For now, I am rally looking forward to trying some 1:1 strains. I tried a cheeky fast dried bud of the Cream & Cheese CBD and I liked the effect very much, but want to try it cured really.

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...

Just a little update for anyone still interested in this. The Critical Mass CBD and Cream and Cheese CBD I grew out are well cured and my other half and I have been on an interesting journey over the past year regarding our consumption.

Critical mass is great, it showed great mould resistance during flowering it tastes herbal or hoppy (myrecene?) and the effect is very uplifting, mood-wise. Still pretty stony, I mean I can't vape a volcano bag of it to myself these days and my THC loving wife moved onto that one after finishing off her OGKZ, so that should tell you something. I vape it at weekends when I don't need to worry about feeling half-asleep and heavy-lidded every day.

Cream and Cheese is a bit gentler on the head, not quite as potent as the Critical Mass, which is the opposite of what the seed packet say. It taste more cheesy than floral. I found this quite a creative and cerebral experience but YMMV. I don't know how much faith to put in lab reports for fem seeds, like I am sure what I grew out will test differently but I am trying to get a feel for titrating THC and CBD. They seem pretty balanced but it's hard to tell without testing.

They're both really nice from a recreational perspective.

I am not sure what conditions you are treating and whether either of them will help but the main thing my wife and I learned from this is that we really like a decent amount of CBD in our weed, it makes the whole thing more pleasant and less 'edgy'.

Personally, I mostly vape 20% CBD 1% THC flowers now from the interwebs (but I have 3 high CBD plants on the go currently) and mix up the amounts of THC/CBD to get the right kind of effect.

• Like 2