Balanced CBD strains

skidmarx

Hi There,  I tent grow my own bud but am looking at growing CBD rich strains as a medicinal supplement which I'll make a tincture out of. I have read the breeders blurbs but on the practicle side has anyone found a cbd strain that has a regular ratio of cbd/thc and not the hit or miss ratio that breeders often give. I am not looking for gaurentees just limited tent space  so a a safe 1:1 is looking good. Happy growing all!

• 3 weeks later...

Humboldt Seed Organisation Blue Dream CBD info:

Sex: Feminized
Genetics: Blue Dream x California Orange CBD
THC/CBD ratio: 1:1
THC: 10%
CBD 10%
Height outdoors: Up to 4m
Yield indoors: 400-600g per m2
Yield outdoors: 2-3kg per plant
Indoor flowering: 63-70 días

With a relatively high THC range that averages at a low of 17% and a high of 24%, this dreamy bud has more than just good looks and flavor to bring to the table. The CBD and CBN levels reach 2% and 1% respectively, making this a stellar strain for treating a myriad of ailments. The delicious flavors of blueberry and sugar are long lasting and stay in the air and on your tongue long after the smoke has gone. The nugs are long and bushy, with deep blue hues, amber and blue hairs, and an abundance of milky white trichomes.

Blue Dream's high is all the best parts of its parentage wrapped neatly into a flavor-packed, beautifully balanced package. It begins with a cerebral rush, bringing with it motivation and heightened focus, so enjoy this through any jam-packed schedule. As the high builds you fall into an ultra-relaxed state, leaving you feeling hazy and totally calm. This numbing sensation will find you pain-free and ready for any task.

Continuing with the plethora of effects, users who suffer from anxiety disorders are not recommended to use this strain as it has a tendency to get ahead of you quickly and could definitely agitate pre-existing conditions. However, because it is super potent it does have extremely beneficial elements for patients who suffer from chronic fatigue, depression, and lack of appetite. As it is a stimulant at its core, it will undoubtedly lift your mood and get the body moving. It is also recommended for mild cases of muscle spasms and pains caused by injury or illness.

This is a breeze of a plant and will make the new or novice grower sing with joy. The flowering time on this gem is around 10 weeks for indoor systems or late September to early October for outdoor set-ups. The yield is high with around twenty-one ounces per plant, and in order to keep this gal happy indoors, you’ll want to top early as these beauties can grow upwards of five feet.

Don’t let the name fool you into thinking this is a lazy, couch locked high. Blue Dream is the perfect blend of its lineage, taking all of their best attributes and compounding them into something really unique. Take this one to task and get through all of your artist’s block and creative projects, or if you are just in it for the mood boost, enjoy as your worries melt away.

• Like 1

Dinafem Critical Mass CBD - easy to grow, good yeild and a tasty smoke... :yep:

Breeders will normally state that lights, grow style and media etc can affect THC/CBD levels as well as yeilds, but if you stick with reputable breeders like dinafem or HSO you should be good :skin_up:

• Like 1

Depending as to how soon you want to start i know Dinafem are releasing a quick growing strain that's pretty much purely CBD, think it's called dinamed.

To be honest you could message Dinafem Mark on here and he will give you guidance on seed strains, that's what i did and he gave me alist of various strains which i then further researched.

• Like 1

Great selections all. I purchased a 1:1 and a 20: 1 but forgot the obvious...I will need to check the cbd % for myself. I told a friend I would be happy with a placebo effect but I feel obliged to test it myself. Intuative analytics is a fancy word I think it means 1st hand testing. While thc is easily assesed by consumption CBD is clearly different. I found several commercial companies that will test for CBD% even here in the UK but they seem to be £150'ish for each individual test and I know from several growers in the USA different companies caliberate their machines differently so results can have a great variation. I saw this mentioned on a thread here on uk420...https://www.alpha-cat.org/

I have a fair while but this appears the most cost effective way to test.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get too caught up in numbers, try a few different strains to begin with until you find something that works for you..  :yep:

although that alpha-cat kit may well end up being my Christmas present to myself this year :rofl:

• Like 1

I'd second the Critical Mass CBD balanced as an effective psychosis reducer, amongst other benefits and a really fruity citrus flavour. Have seen several people who do not like effects of the extreme THC levels in many modern hybrids happy to chuff/vape this strain.

I have seeds of the DinaMed+ strain to grow out so I cannot comment on results just yet and at present I believe the strain is unfeminised so still a chance I don't get to try it . The first seed planted did not germinate and I have to wait for space to try again so a review will have to wait. Good luck whatever you choose.

• Like 1

No, but we've had a few conversations on here before and I think you might have been following my diaries, about a decade ago. Yup it's been that long, the good news is there has been a significant change in approach to my condition and it has helped me.

May be able to share a little of my experience with others who may also benefit.

You know, if I had done the lifetime subscriber thing years ago, I did think about it, I'd be massively jealous of the seeds newbies and yearlings get to choose from. Still way too

many strains out there.

Edited by mentiras
spelling/grammar
  • Like 1

CBD Terra Italia

I dunno what the quality of this plant is like but the stats alone make it worth a shot.. 

Aparently Female Seeds are a good breeder 

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

CBD Terra Italia

I dunno what the quality of this plant is like but the stats alone make it worth a shot.. 

Aparently Female Seeds are a good breeder 

I saw that as well and looked it up. Its Kompolti x lemon Kush

Kompolti is a a hungarian/Italian industrial hemp strain primariky grown for fiber seeds and oil & biomass. Slow flowering period but pays off with huge colas and yields.

I came across loads of info on it, it appears to huge success for farmers and you can see female have took a good project on. My outdoor plot will not hold a 6/7 footer. The blurb on seedsmans site say Outdoor. Thats another one! Sweet Annie from Humbolt Seed Company is a 1:1 but they say its for outdoors.

(That has Willy G's Lebanese in it and thats looks very promising but HSC is U.S. banks only and pricey)

www.canapuglia.it/en/kompolti.html

thgrow.com/en/blog/products/50-interview-with-italyhemp-legal-bud-growers-in-europe.html

A nice list of other agricultural CBD strains 

wholesalehenry.com/pages/the-best-strains-for-cbd-hemp-flowers-uk

@skidmarx

Thanks for the reply. 

That made for some interesting reading. 

Industrial hemp seed tends to only be availiable at wholesail prices so it's exciting to see the genetics becoming availiable to collecters like us too. 

Might have to give a couple of these a whirl next season and see how they do. 

Potential Monsters! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Its defo on my wishlist I'm guessing it must have been a special Lemon Kush female seeds used. 

On my wish list are..

1:1

CBD Nordle by CBD crew (always fancied growing Mr Nice's Nordle)

CBD Renee by H.O.T.G.G (read somewhere it has a high % of humelene terpenes)

20:1

Cannatonic by Resin the original cbd. Would love to have a little hunt every other cbd strain comes from it.

Hi-lo by H.O.T.G.G - they state 94% are high CBD low THC - 6% are high/high

They are one of the few breeder will give straight %

Also found out on my interweb travels that the famous Charlottes Web strain as made famous by the Stanley Brothers and little charlotte figi in the U.S. was given to them by another breeder who they never gave any credit to. The guy now runs The Seed Kompany can't remember his name though.

• Like 1