Judging the 2019 PNC.

2019 PNC competition   

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are still a few months away from announcing the winners for the 2019 PNC  ;)

Last year myself and 2 other colleagues selected the winners. This year I'm thinking of a community poll as this is after all a community event  :yep:

That way we are not picking the winners rather the community is. 

What would the community prefer? 

We select :)

Community select :)

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 5

Mmmm I would honestly not know who to vote for... That would be quite the predicament with the quality of diaries in this years PNC lol Would it only be single vote on a diary being a poll?

ps. Is there a prize for 0 votes? 

• Like 3

fuck it i shoulda wrote a royal decree ..

i think ..hso should choose ..and also a community vote ..as zabz suggests ..and before releasing the results fiddle them so i win ..simple .royal decree .

or if community matches hso results that would give a better representation ..all rounders ..hso judges ...community judges ..hso collate the results and i win ..simple .

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, zabz said:

Maybe do both? 

Keep the top spots as is with you guys judging... Then run a peoples vote for some runners up?

:headbang: What zabz say’s, sounds like a good all rounder...

• Like 4

it's not a decision i would want to make but the more input the better I should think,

then again it can get quite dangerous when I think.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zabz said:

Maybe do both

Alright there @HSO-Mark Firstly I Hope the move went well and is all sorted now,

Secondly I think Zabz is on the money with his suggestion, 

As long as 

9 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

before releasing the results fiddle them so i win ..

All Hail the King :notworthy:

Take it easy, Jj :yinyang:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, zabz said:

Maybe do both? 

Keep the top spots as is with you guys judging... Then run a peoples vote for some runners up?

So far this looks like the community consensus  ;)

I'll have a good think but I'm leaning towards.

Team-HSO selects the 1st place winner then we do a community vote for 2nd and 3rd place :yep:

Should be pretty easy to set-up  ;)

I'll keep you all posted and thank you all for the input :yep:

14 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

Mmmm I would honestly not know who to vote for... That would be quite the predicament with the quality of diaries in this years PNC lol Would it only be single vote on a diary being a poll?

ps. Is there a prize for 0 votes? 

It would be one vote per member. Then we take the 1st place and 2nd which will be 2nd and 3rd if we select 1st place winner  ;)

If there was a prize for 0 votes I'd enter lol

Thanks all :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

It would be one vote per member. Then we take the 1st place and 2nd which will be 2nd and 3rd if we select 1st place winner  ;)

If there was a prize for 0 votes I'd enter lol

Ok mate cool sounds goood I am sure I will be pondering at the toll in struggle when the time comes... aha - That was my way of saying "f****d" basically :Dlol 

@Dinafem-Mark

Just putting it out there - Shouldnt it be based on the grow and the diary as is normal this time round?

Both of those things may partially become irrelevant if it comes down to members personal choices.

I'm not saying its "bad" but having a competition decided on an open vote means quality and skills in different areas could easily be overlooked as we all look for different things and who am I to judge anyones skills? I'm no one, I just like what I like.

That's why people with banked knowledge should decide like your good self, even vince lol (all in good faith my lord)

Seeing as there are also financial rewards in the shape of products shouldnt it be done more officially? Maybe this time round at least as it was set out in the rules this year at the start.

Yes I was a fun child.

BIG EDIT HAVING READ BACK AGAIN  ******** I'm happy with the runner ups vote idea which is a good one so massive ++++ for that.

But all the financially rewarding prizes should be decided correctly by those who know what's what.

Then next year lay it out like that from the start is where I'm at,you cant really change the goalposts or the type of goalposts without changing the game first.

See 13 yes of sports management taught me something.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

The thing that concerns me with community poll aspect is that it is available to all to vote but some of those who vote may not have read all the diaries (I know there's some I still haven't got through) and I think it would be unfair to those diaries I may have missed but have still smashed it if I was to vote without reading them and that requires time that some folks might not have ;)  

You @HSO-Mark will have followed all entries and so are able to cast an 'informed' vote, this cannot be guaranteed for everyone else though and this is why I'm sceptical about community ballots.

• Like 8